Lights, Camera, Action
The purpose of this course is to assist students in making informed decisions regarding their future academic and occupational goals and to provide information regarding careers in the Arts, A/V Technology and Communication career cluster. The content includes, but is not limited to, leadership and employability skills, career exploration, project development, and the utilization of technology. Instruction and learning activities are provided in a laboratory setting using hands-on experiences with the equipment, materials and technology appropriate to the course content and in accordance with current practices.
- Respect others and the equipment. Follow the golden rule and treat others the way you wish to be treated.
- Raise your hand to participate in class. Sharing your answers, participating in discussions and asking questions are expected; however, you should not talk when the teacher or another student is speaking.
- Keep all food and drinks away from the computers. We want to take proper care of our classroom equipment.
- Be prompt and prepared for class. You should be on time and in class before the tardy bell rings. Have all your materials and supplies needed for that day.
- SD Card 8 GB (Students will be taking pictures/ Uploading them to the computer)
- Flash Drive 16 GB (Students will be creating and maintaining a portfolio of all their work throughout the year)
- 1 Ream of copy paper
If homework is assigned it is expected to be turned in on due date. Points will be deducted each day that the assignment is late. Failure to turn in homework or unfinished assignments will result in a zero for that assignment.
Makeup Work/Late Assignments:
If a student is absent from class he/she will be responsible for making up any work that was missed.
You will attend this course the entire school year. You will receive at least one grade for every five-class periods and a minimum of six grades for every nine-week grading period. The total grade percentage is determined as follows:
Classwork and Quizzes = 40% Tests, Projects and Homework = 60%
F=59% or below