Class Officers for 2020-2021
A mandatory Zoom video meeting for new candidates is Apr 24, 2020 at 1 pm. All candidate paperwork is due by Friday, April 24th. Below is important information for all officers to read:
- Meetings for officers are the 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month at 7:45AM. These meetings are MANDATORY and any officer that misses 3 meetings is subject to removal from office
- Officers are also required to attend the week teachers return and homecoming week (dates below)
- If you are not able to participate in these events, please do not consider running for office
- Officers must dress and behave appropriately at all times
- Any officer causing tension or drama between the other officers will be removed from office
- Officers must be on campus full-time in order to participate in school events
- Senior officers must be present for 80% of the meetings in order to get the cord and medal
- Officers are EXPECTED to attend the meetings held by their class sponsor and participate in fundraising activities
Important Dates for Student Council Officers 2020-2021
These dates are mandatory attendance and failure to be present may result in your removal from office.
Teachers Prep Week: When teachers return after summer break, all SCA officers will work Monday- Friday from 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM to assist faculty in setting up their classroom. Lunch is on your own. Please inform your parents and employers now to ensure that you are present for these dates. It is always the week before students return. You also get community service hours. Dates for 2020: August 17-21. The students first day of school is August 17th.
Homecoming Week is mandatory for all SCA officers to be present to assist with all activities during the week. Officers are expected to help with the Powder Puff Game, the Howl Show, the half-time game parade, set-up and clean-up for the Homecoming Dance, and help with ticket sales during the week of the dance.
- Homecoming Week 2020 (Dates TBA due to COVID-19):
- Powder Puff Game: TBA
- Howl Show: TBA
- Homecoming Game and Parade: TBA
- Homecoming Dance Set-Up Week Prior: TBA
- Homecoming Dance: TBA
Student Council Officers are required to attend all meetings on the 2nd and the 4th Thursday of the month at 7:45AM in 5-209.
- We will use BASECAMP for all information. Please download the app on your cell phone and activate notifications.
General SCA Meetings are during ALPHA B, 12:20 pm - 12:45 pm, in the PAC unless further noted. The dates for the year are as follows:
- November (Location TBA)
Please sign up for the General SCA Remind by using the class code @6h7keh
- SAC meetings are the 2nd Monday of the month at 6:00 pm in the Den.
- Mrs. Cruze would like to make sure SCA officers are in attendance.
- Please sign-up for days you will be present.