Mrs. Merton / U.S. Government 2019-2020
Office Hours: By appointment.
The 12th grade United States Government course consists of the following areas: Geography, Civics and Government. The primary content for the course pertains to the study of government institutions and political processes and their historical impact on American society. Content will include, but is not limited to, the functions and purpose of government, the function of the state, the constitutional framework, federalism, separation of powers, functions of the three branches of government at the local, state and national level.
- Textbook: You will have access to a textbook in the classroom, students may also choose to have a book at home or access the online option.
- Notebook: You will need to organize yourself, use what works for you.
- Writing Utensil
Grading System Grading Category Weights
A: 90-100 Tests: 50%
B: 80-89 Classwork & Quizzes: 40%
C: 70-79 Homework: 10%
Make-Up work is to be completed before or after school, within a week of original due date of assignment and/or exam.
- Come to class prepared; Something to write with and something to write on.
- Respect yourself and those around you; Let’s Get Along!
- If I am teaching, please do not ask to leave the classroom.
- Only one person is allowed bathroom pass at a time. Sign in and out whenever leaving classroom.
- Cell Phones have a time and place and not in my classroom, thanks!
- School tardy policy will be followed.