Welcome to Ms. Ogle's English I and II Classes!
Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child’s image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device.
**NEW** message from Ms. Ogle and Nova (Teacher's Assistant pictured below):
We will be meeting TOMORROW, Wednesday, April 1st for a Welcome Back! chat.
9th Grade - 11 am on Zoom
10th Grade - 1 pm on Zoom
Your chat invites will be posted tomorrow morning on Google Classroom.
I will go into more detail tomorrow on how things will work throughout the week. If you cannot meet tomorrow, please make sure to watch the recorded session once it is posted to Google Classroom.
Rules for Online Learning:
1. All work for the week will be dropped on Google Classroom on Mondays. You may work as you like on assignments.
2. I will hold Zoom meetings on TUESDAYS for questions/clarification on work or just to chat. Chat invites will be posted on Google Classroom the morning of.
9th Grade - 11 AM
10th Grade - 1 PM
3. I will post Bellringers on Google Classroom 3 times a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday), for attendance, you MUST complete these bellringers. These will also count as your "Notebook" in the grade book. They will be easy and just a response, so check in often!
4. I will hold another Zoom meeting on FRIDAYS to discuss the week's work, the readings, answer questions etc.
9th Grade - 11 AM
10th Grade - 1 PM
5. Send any messages via Remind or email during the week from 8 am - 7 pm if you need help or just want to chat.
6. GRADES STILL MATTER! I know we are not in school, but you will still be receiving a grade for all work. I will be lenient on due dates for work, but they will be due.
7. Be professional! All communication needs to be respectful to me and your fellow students. Reread messages, emails, responses, etc BEFORE you send them.
8. Zoom Meetings will be RECORDED, so make sure you are properly dressed, pick a place that is respectful (nothing in the background...) and no activites that would go against code of conduct.
3/29/2020 Message and Information:
I will be using Google Classroom for putting up assignments, turning in work, class discussion responses, etc. I will also be scheduling Zoom Class discussions so we can see each other I will post the chat invitation on Google Classroom each morning we are scheduled to meet.
The calendars for English I and English II will also be updated with all notes, work and such for your information.
I will send out Remind messages EACH DAY at 9 AM to update/remind that we may have an online class discussion, new materials being posted or reminders on turning work in. As always, you can message me directly using Remind anytime from 8 AM until 7 PM.
Period 1 - @nmheng11
Period 2 - @nmheng12
Period 3 - @nmheng23
Period 4 - @nmheng14
Period 5 - @nmheng15
Period 6 - @nmheng26
If you need help or have any questions, please use Remind or email to contact me Monday-Friday, 8 AM - 7 PM.
If you have not signed up for Google Classroom (I believe this is parents only), please make sure to do so BEFORE Wednesday, April 1st.
Google Classroom Codes
Period 1 - rpbv2jx
Period 2 - z2pbagg
Period 3 - 45gh44i
Period 4 - ix2zeua
Period 5 - s4m2jgv
Period 6 - wwrgkbz
Make sure you are using your respective English class (I or II) to access the correct schedule, assignments, etc.