Welcome to Ms. Ogle's English I and II Classes!
Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child’s image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device.
**NEW** message from Ms. Ogle
We are down to the last THREE days to get work turned in. If you are missing assignments, please try to complete ASAP. All work is due June 1st by 11:59 PM. I will be grading and turning in final grades on Tuesday morning, so make sure not to wait until the last second.
Extra Credit will be given to those who completed ALL assignments during the 4th Quarter (+5 points on final grade)! If you were one of those students who completed all of your work but was caught plagiarizing, I will still give you extra credit, but it will be a couple points less.
Make sure to FINISH STRONG! There are a few of you who risk taking the course over again because of your Quarter 4 grade, but you can work hard and change that outcome!
Send me questions on Remind or on Google Classroom and make sure to READ DIRECTIONS! Most of your questions are already explained for you in the directions.
Couple a things:
1. ALL WORK HAS BEEN POSTED! I will not post anymore assignments for the quarter. If you finish all the assignments posted, then you are done for the quarter and for the year! Those of you who are behind, please get to work on any assignments you are missing.
2. ALL WORK IS DUE JUNE 1st at 11:59 PM. If you turn in anything after or have not completed the posted work by this time, then it will go in the grade book as a ZERO! Don't wait around till the last second on this guys, finish up early instead.
3. STOP PLAGARIZING! You will receive a 0 for the assignment from this point on. I have been super nice about it with some of you, but not anymore. If you don't want to do the discussion question or don't know, just don't answer it. It will be better to get the points for some of your answers than a 0 for plagiarizing.
If you have any questions or concerns, please send me a Remind, email or a message on GC.
Have a wonderful rest of the week!
Progress Reports begin auto posting on Thursday, April 30th. Weeks 1-3 work will be on the Progress Report, so make sure all work is turned in for grading.
If you are working online, please go and look at ALL work, make sure you have completed the CommonLit articles, quizzes, readings, writing assignments, etc. If you have checked Skyward and you have a 0 for an assignment, you have not completed the assignment and need to go work on that.
If you are working at home on a paper packet, please email me any photos of the work you have so I may begin grading them.
We are entering into Week 5 next week, so Weeks 1-4 work has been posted on Google Classroom. Please, please, please do not wait until the last week of school to finally start working, you will have so much more to complete!
Rules for Online Learning:
1. All work for the week will be dropped on Google Classroom on Mondays. You may work as you like on assignments.
2. I will post Bellringers on Google Classroom once a week (Monday), for attendance, you MUST complete this bellringer. These will also count as your "Notebook" in the grade book. They will be easy and just a response, so check in often!
3. I will a Zoom meeting on FRIDAYS to discuss the week's work, the readings, answer questions etc.
9th Grade - 11 AM
10th Grade - 1 PM
5. Send any messages via Remind or email during the week from 8 am - 7 pm if you need help or just want to chat.
6. GRADES STILL MATTER! I know we are not in school, but you will still be receiving a grade for all work. I will be lenient on due dates for work, but they will be due.
7. Be professional! All communication needs to be respectful to me and your fellow students. Reread messages, emails, responses, etc BEFORE you send them.
8. Zoom Meetings will be RECORDED, so make sure you are properly dressed, pick a place that is respectful (nothing in the background...) and no activites that would go against code of conduct.
3/29/2020 Message and Information:
I will be using Google Classroom for putting up assignments, turning in work, class discussion responses, etc. I will also be scheduling Zoom Class discussions so we can see each other I will post the chat invitation on Google Classroom each morning we are scheduled to meet.
The calendars for English I and English II will also be updated with all notes, work and such for your information.
I will send out Remind messages EACH DAY at 9 AM to update/remind that we may have an online class discussion, new materials being posted or reminders on turning work in. As always, you can message me directly using Remind anytime from 8 AM until 7 PM.
Period 1 - @nmheng11
Period 2 - @nmheng12
Period 3 - @nmheng23
Period 4 - @nmheng14
Period 5 - @nmheng15
Period 6 - @nmheng26
If you need help or have any questions, please use Remind or email to contact me Monday-Friday, 8 AM - 7 PM.
If you have not signed up for Google Classroom (I believe this is parents only), please make sure to do so BEFORE Wednesday, April 1st.
Google Classroom Codes
Period 1 - rpbv2jx
Period 2 - z2pbagg
Period 3 - 45gh44i
Period 4 - ix2zeua
Period 5 - s4m2jgv
Period 6 - wwrgkbz
Make sure you are using your respective English class (I or II) to access the correct schedule, assignments, etc.