ACE Strategy =Answer |Cite | Expand
ACE is a strategy for Demonstrating Learning with Short Answer, Extended Response Items. The ACE strategy helps students ‘show they know or can do’ the learning standards as evidenced in a brief, constructed response.
Explaining why this information is important or significant: “This means... In other words.... I know this because....”
What actually is the ACE STRATEGY?
Answer the question
- a) Make sure that you completely answer the question.
- b) Use key words from the question in your responses.
Cite evidence from the text to support your answer:
- a) Cite evidence from the readings, graphs or illustrations to support, prove or explain.
Expand; extend; explain your answer:
- a) Extend your response by explaining the connection between the
information that you cited and the answer.
- b) Make it clear that you know the answer because of the evidence
U.S. History exit slips will be recorded on a ½ sheet of paper. You will follow the Ace Strategy above to answer the question. To receive all of the points you will need to:
-Answer the question
-Cite one piece of evidence from the text/reading for the day.
-Expand by relating the info you cited and your answer.
-Your answer should be 5-7 sentences in length.