FINAL TEST is double weighted as a Test for Quarter 4. We did this Semester 1 too.UNDERCLASSMEN: FINAL Test Day is is Wednesday, May 27th from 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM50 Questions (3 minutes per question) all multiple choice Topic 1 - 6Q: How do I study for the Final Test?A: Go through the Algebra 2 Review Packet I gave you 3rd Quarter. Questions 1 - 34 ****** Algebra 2 Honors Review SheetA: Review Exponential and Logarithmic TestA: Do Cumulative Practice ReviewA: If you have any questions, email me and we'll set up a zoom.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Friday, May 22nd Final Assignment due today
- Cumulative Practice Review Google Classroom(Pearson)
- deadline due by 11:59 PM Friday, May 22nd Quiz Grade
- assigned Saturday, May 16th
Monday, May 25th Memorial Day No School
Monday, May 18th Last Zoom meeting ask me questions individually through the week and we'll set up a tutoring Zoom
Friday, May 15th
- no class Zoom necessary since I have not received any questions
- Finish up Review for Final test
- send me questions that you have
- CSI: Exponential and Logarithmic Functions Google Classrooms
- deadline 11:59 PM Friday, May 15th Quiz Grade
- assigned Saturday, May 9th
****Answer Key to ALGEBRA 2 CACHING Activity
Monday, May 11th
- Zoom Meeting Starts at 9:00 AM
- Bits and Pieces, take notes
- Send me any question you have on previous assignments and I will go over them in this meeting
Friday, May 8th
- deadline 11:59 PM for the Algebra 2 Caching Game (Quiz) 9 boxes
- directions in folder on Google Classrooms
- assigned at 11:00 AM on Monday 5/4
Monday, May 4th
Read directions sent to you in email last week
- TEST on Solving Exponential and Logarithmic Equations and Models
- from 9:00 AM to 10:40 AM approx 35 questions
Sunday, May 3rd
- deadline 11:59 PM for the SUM EM activity (available on Google Classroom)
- ***Answer Key to SUM EM Activity
- assigned on Tuesday, April 21 Google Classroom
Friday, May 1st
- deadline for The change of base formula for logarithms,solving exponential equations with logarithms,
- Solving exponential models, Quiz 2, 9 question Unit Test
- assigned on 4/27 Monday KHAN Academy
Tuesday, April 28th
- deadline for Introduction to Logarithms, The constant e and the natural logarithm,
- and Properties of logarithms, Quiz 1
- assigned on 4/23 Thursday KHAN Academy
Monday, April 27th Zoom meeting: continue Lesson on
- Solving Exponential and Logarithmic Equations,
- with time to ask questions (tutoring) after the lesson 9:00 AM - 10:45 AM
- INVITE was sent Friday to your email
- Lesson Notes are on Google Classroom
Friday, April 24th
- deadline for Exponential Models Unit
- including 9 question Unit test
- assigned on 4/20 KHAN Academy
Thursday, April 23rd
- 1:00 -2:30 Zoom meeting for students to ask questions (requested by students), sent REMIND to all students
- INVITE sent to all that requested one
4/20 Monday attendance for "A" and "B" day will be taken at the Zoom Meeting
- Read through Friday's Lesson again and make sure you printed what you need for today's Lesson
- This is a rescan of Page 7 for Notes and Examples from Step 7 below
- Lesson: Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
- Answer Keys to the 11 worksheets I did in the lesson are available on google classrooms
- Khan Academy Assignments will be given this afternoon through google classrooms
4/17 Friday "B" day attendance is today
- Here's the AK to the 3 worksheets mentioned in Thursday's Lesson below
- Read Thursday's Lesson below for important info
- Check grade portal for updated grades
- You must make sure that you click the MARK AS DONE button in Google classroom when you finish the 2 Assignment XLs. I will then send you your score...you do not have to resubmit if I have sent you your score
For Monday's Zoom Lesson: Prepare for the Lesson on Logarithms by doing the following:
- Write in your notes Textbook P. 305: understanding e
- Watch the you tube video on calculator help for logarithms
- Practice problems in Textbook Page 317: 31-44 all on your calculator. AK
- Have your calculator ready
- Have your notes ready
- Go through these worksheet notes on basic definitions for Logarithms
- Print out these or place on your desktop Lesson Worksheets Notes and Examples
- Have a nice weekend!!!!!!!!
4/16 Thursday "A" day attendance is today
- Work on Topic 6-1 and 6-2 XL for Sunday deadline
- It will be very beneficial if you work out the problems to the worksheets I gave you in the INVITE email I sent.
- 3 worksheets are EXP Compound Interest and Continuous Interest, EXP Growth and Decay, Lesson 6.1 and 6.2
- You are not required to send me this work. Use it as note examples. AK will be posted soon.
- Check Zoom Meetings, if you missed the meetings or want to hear them again...
4/15 Wednesday "B" day attendance is today
- AGENDA: for today's meeting, check your email for INVITE and worksheets
- I need to give a short Lesson on Topic 6-2: Natural Base e
- Make sure you have the above worksheets printed or on your desktop ready to view
- Also print out this worksheet Lesson 6.1 and 6.2 pdf
- We will use these worksheets to review Topic 6.1 and 6.2
- You may ask general questions on 6.1 XL and 6.2 XL
- Keep in mind not all the questions are the same for everyone
- It is not required to attend, however I feel that it is beneficial to you to hear me explain things.
- I will try to record and post the meeting.
- DEADLINE for the Google XL assignments is assignment is Sunday, April 19th
4/14 Tuesday "A" Day attendance is today
- INVITE for Wednesday's Zoom meeting has been sent to your email
- Please read the agenda
- Google XL assignments are due by Sunday 4/19, make sure you SUBMIT and/or TURN IN
4/13 Monday "B" Day attendance today
- Zoom Lesson Meeting today from 10:00 - 10:45 AM
How to prepare for Today's Zoom Meeting
- Did you check your school email for the worksheets to print out or have handy?
- Have your calculator handy
- Be ready to take notes, so have your notebook ready to go....
- Have DESMOS graphing calculator open and available on your desktop
- have your scientific calculator available too
Lesson: We start Topic 6 today : 6-1 Key features of Exponential Functions and 6-2 Exponential Models
domain, range, y-intercept, horizontal asymptote, end behavior, growth, decay, parent function, writing exponential models such as: general exponential growth and decay model, compound interest model, continuously compounded interest model
- Assignment on google classroom: 6-1: Math XL and 6-2: Math XL, deadline is on the assignment (Quiz grade) don't forget to click in upper right RESUBMIT MARK AS DONE
Wednesday's Zoom meeting from 10:00 - 10:45 AM will be a question tutoring session, no lesson will be provided.
4/10 Friday "A" Day attendance today Deadline for work is TODAY
- DEADLINE for Supplemental Practices is no later than 3:00 PM today.
- I'll be sending an invite to Monday's Zoom meeting later today with an agenda of topics
- Quiz grades have been posted already for all students
- AK to Lesson Quiz 5.5 and 5.6
- As of 3:30 PM on Friday I will be taking a much needed break...and I will not be back online until Monday morning
- Have a HAPPY EASTER
4/9 Thursday "B" Day attendance today
- Our tutoring Wednesday Zoom session went great, if you still have questions, email me and we can set up another session
- All Quizzes have been graded and entered in Grade Portal
- I will schedule a Zoom Tutoring Meeting for tomorrow from 9:00 to 9:45 to give you an opportunity to ask questions about the Quizzes (everyone has finished).
- Remember... Supplemental Practices due by tomorrow, Friday 3:00 PM
- You're doing GREAT handing things in....
- Look at Lesson Plans below for details on assignments
- WE'll take Questions on the Quizzes next week
4/8 Wednesday "A" Day attendance today
- FIRST: Do All Supplemental Practices from Khan Academy due to me no later than 3:00 PM on 4/10 Friday
- SECOND: Quiz 5-5 and Quiz 5-6 submitted by Wednesday 3:00 PM, if possible. Make sure you have a written copy of this in your notes. (as mentioned in the meeting..this week you have until Friday by 3 for absolute deadline.)
- Starting next week we will stick to deadlines...I will give a minimum of 5 days to complete graded assignments.
- TESTS will be scheduled on MONDAY or WEDNEDSAY from 9- 11 AM which is our Zoom time. If you have an issue with that time, email me individually and let me know now. I will give advanced notice.
- If you are having ANY issues, please, please reach out to me and let me know.
- Reminders ***for detailed information see previous lesson plan dates below
- "B" day students must submit attendance today in Google Classrooms
- Quiz 5-5 and Quiz 5-6 submitted by Wednesday 3:00 PM Make sure you have a written copy of this in your notes. (as mentioned in the meeting..this week you have until Friday by 3 for absolute deadline.)
- All Supplemental Practices from Khan Academy are due to me no later than 3:00 PM on 4/10 Friday
- Have you done the Test corrections and placed them in your notes with a copy of the 3rd Quarter Cumulative Test ? (great review for Final Exam)
- Are the Function Inverse and Function Operations worksheets completed and written copy placed in your notebook? Have you checked the answers and corrected?
- You will be allowed to use DESMOS for graphing this Quarter on anything
- There is no extra credit for homework this quarter because you are allowed to use notes on anything including Tests and Quizzes. Also, after this week, there is no homework...anything I collect from you goes into the Quiz/Classwork Category or Test category.
- Wednesday's Zoom meeting is a tutoring session (optional attendance). This will take a little planning on your end. If you have questions on anything bring them. How? Make a word document of questions. Write out the problem on paper and show your work up to the point you got stuck. How? Take a picture, insert it into a word document on your desktop. Continue the same with next question etc. On the day of the meeting open the word document on your desktop before the meeting. You can then "share it" with me Wednesday.
If you have a touch screen you will be able to share your whiteboard with me and write on it. Practice this before Wednesday.
3rd Quarter Cumulative Test Information
**Normal procedure for test corrections: Do Test corrections on a separate sheet of paper and attach to the top of the test. Answers have been provided on your answer key. You will definitely want to keep a copy of this as a study guide for the final cumulative test. I will take questions on this and any other assignment on Wednesday's ZOOM meeting
3rd Quarter Cumulative Test GOLD
3rd Quarter Cumulative Test GREEN
3rd Quarter Cumulative Test MAKE UP
4/3 FRI "B" - 4/6 MON "A"
- Finish work from SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS 1st, see below
- You should have the WEEK 1 of Supplemental Materials submitted to me by 3:00 PM on Friday, 4/3
- Finish the Function Inverse Worksheet
- Finish the Function Operations Worksheet
- Go to your textbook or etextbook and review Topic 5
- do Google Classrooms QUIZ 5-5, due no later than WED by 3:00 PM
- do Google Classrooms QUIZ 5-6, due no later than WED by 3:00 PM
- Make sure you keep a written copy of these Quizzes in your notebook
4/1 WED "B" - 4/2 THU "A"
- Go to Supplemental Materials P. 38
- Watch the videos and complete the practice problems for
- 1. Subsets of Sample Spaces
- 2. Basic set notation
- TRY TO TURN IN THE FIRST 2 PRACTICES by Friday, April 3
- 3. Experimental Probability
- 4. Making predictions with probability
- 5. Interpreting results of simulations
- When you are done, screenshot or picture of the box with scores and email to me.
- Do not use REMIND to send work.
- All of your work MUST be submitted to me through your school email account.
- DEADLINE for this assignment (all 5) is 3:00 PM Friday April 10
****** Algebra 2 Honors Review Sheet
3/12 THU "B" - 3/13 FRI "A"
3rd Quarter Cumulative Test
HAPPY SPRING BREAK
3/10 TUE "B" - 3/11 WED "A"
- "B" DAY students turn in TEST/QUIZ Tracker today
- Class Activity: Scavenger Hunt on Function Operations and Composition (20 problems)
- Finish the Function Inverse Worksheet from last class
- Finish the Function Operations Worksheet given today
- Homework: Study for the 3rd Quarter Cumulative Test
3/6 FRI "B" - 3/9 MON "A"
- "A" DAY turn in Test/Quiz Tracker today
- Questions on Homework 12? Turn in Homework 12
- TEST Corrections due before lunch time
- Lesson Review: Finding Inverse functions
- Classwork: Worksheet on Function Inverses, Graph without using Desmos
- Homework: Study for 3rd Quarter Cumulative test
- Turn in Test/Quiz Tracker on Monday "A" day or Tuesday "B" day
3/4 WED "B" - 3/5 THU "A"
TEST on TOPIC 5 (multiple choice)
- Yes, function operations is included
- You may use 1 sheet of notes that you make up, front only, handwritten
- You will correct Homework #12 after the Test AK to Homework 12
- Lesson Notes: Inverses of Functions Worksheet
- Are you practicing (studying) for the 3rd Quarter Cumulative test next week?
3/2 MON "B" - 3/3 TUE "A"
- Turn in workbook FSA Week 9 & 10
- Turn in Coloring Activity (Quiz Grade)
- Questions on HW # 11????
- Lesson: Topic 5-5 Function operations and compositions
- Homework #12: Worksheet on Lesson 5-5
2/27 THU "B" - 2/28 FRI "A"
- Review Workbook FSA Week 9 and Week 10
- Questions on Quiz 5-1, 5-2
- Continue LESSON: Solving Radical Equations
- Homework #11: P. 268-269: 21, 24-28 all, 30, 33, 36, 37, 39-41, 43-46 AK and
- Solving Radical Equations Coloring Activities Worksheet
2/26 WED "A" Early Release
Periods 1 and 3 only
Mental Health Awareness Day Presentations
2/24 MON "A" - 2/25 TUE "B"
- QUIZ today on Topics 5-1 and 5-2
- Review Homework # 10 and turn in today
- Lesson: Topic 5-4 Solving Radical Equations
- Homework: Workbook Florida Standards Assessments Week 9 and 10 AK
2/21 FRI "B"
- Questions on Homework 10? Turn in today
- QUIZ on Topic 5-1, 5-2 on Tuesday 2/25
- BIG assignment on Simplifying radicals
- Workbook Florida Standards Practice Week 9 and Week 10, finish for HW
2/19 WED "B" - 2/20 THU "A"
- Review Homework#9
- continue Lesson: Topic 5-2: Practice and problem solving in class
- I will assign this to you through google classrooms, if you want to practice on your own
- Lesson Notes Topic 5-2: Math XL Practice and Problem Solving
- Homework #10: Cumulative Review 2 on google classrooms (pay attention to deadline)
- Do all your work neatly on a separate sheet of paper. Follow the directions. If it states to solve by completing the square then do so. Do not "plug" and "chug"
- Quiz next class on Topic 5-1 and 5-2 for "A" day on Monday 2/24
2/14 FRI "B" - 2/18 TUE "A"
- Review Lesson Quiz 5-1
- LESSON: Topic 5-2 Properties of Exponents and Radicals
- We will go through the notes you have written
- Rules of exponents, radicals, simplify, rationalize the denominator, multiply, add, subtract radicals
- Homework #9: P. 251-252: 19-55 all AK
2/12 WED"B" - 2/13 THU A"
- Correct the TEST Corrections, write the score, correct and turn in today
- Review Homework # 8
- Lesson QUIZ 5-1 before lunch
- Finish up Enrichment and CSI worksheets
- Homework: Do online google classroom LESSON 5-2 Properties of Exponents and Radicals in your notes. Next class we will be able to go through the Lesson without you having to write much, just listen.
2/10 MON "B" - 2/11 TUE "A"
- LESSON: Topic 5-1, nth roots, radical expressions and rational exponents
- Correct and Review Enrichment Worksheets 1-1, 1-2, 1-6
- Do your --- TEST corrections for next class
- staple corrections to the top fo the scantron and test
- CSI: Rational Functions...fix your evidence sheet
- Homework #8: P. 243-244: 25-50 all
- AK to Homework 8
2/6 THU "B" - 2/7 FRI "A"
TEST on Topic 4: Rational Functions today
Homework #7 is due no later than today, make sure you submit it
Finish the CSI: Rational Functions
2/4 TUE "B" - 2/5 WED "A"
- Upcoming Test on Topic 4: 2/6 THU "B"& 2/7 FRI "A"
- Review Homework #7 Math XL Review
- What questions do you have for me? Test review.
- Finish in class CSI: Rational Functions Who is "Asymptote Swaggster" ?
- Homework: Practice, Practice, Practice
ANSWER KEY TO LAST TEST on Topic 4-3, 4-4, 4-5
1/31 FRI "B" - 2/3 MON "A"
- Review Homework 6
- Upcoming Test on Topic 4 2/6 THU "B"& 2/7 FRI "A"
- CSI: Rational Functions Activity
- Homework #7: Topic 4: Math XL for School Topic review
- You will be graded on the actual grade on the XL assignment because you may redo until you get a 100%
- No paper copy is required
1/29 WED "B" - 1/30 THU "A"
- Review HW #5
- LESSON: Continue 4-2 Graphing any Rational Function, including reciprocal function (4-1)
- Find the vertical & horizontal asymptotes, coordinate of hole, domain & range, x & y intercepts
- Homework #6: Worksheet on 4-1, 4-2 SHow all work on a separate sheet of paper AK
1/27 MON "B" - 1/28 TUE "A"
- Turn in HW #3 and #4
- LESSON: 4-1 and 4-2 Graphing Rational Functions
- Horizontal asymptotes, vertical asymptotes, holes, domain, range
- Homework #5: P. 197: 11,18,19 AK
- P. 206-207: 9, 13-24 all, 26-29 all, 33-35 all AK
1/23 THU "B" - 1/24 FRI "A"
Test on Topics 4-3, 4-4, 4-5
You may turn in Homework
1/22 WED "A"
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM Presentation of Prescription Drug Safety
"C" lunch 11:50 - 12:10
12:40-1:00 WCAT and announcements
1/17 FRI "A" - 1/21 TUE "B"
- Test on 4-3, 4-4, 4-5 will be on Jan 23 THU "B" and Jan 24 FRI "A"
- Review and collect Homework #3 *Period 3 will hand in HW #3 and HW#4 on Test Day
- Homework #4: Due on Test Day
- Simplifying Rational Expressions Worksheet Answer Key AK
- Solving Rational Equations Worksheet Answer Key AK
1/15 WED "A" - 1/16 THU "B"
- Review and collect Homework #2
- Review Questions on Lesson Quizzes
- Lesson: Continue Topic 4-5 Solving Rational Equations
- Homework #3: P. 228-229: 10, 11, 13, 14, 17, 18, 21 - 24 all, 31, 32
- AK for HW #3
- Test on 4-3, 4-4, 4-5 Jan 23 "B" and Jan 24 "A"
1/13 MON "A" - 1/14 TUE "B"
- Review and collect Homework #1 Enrichment Packets
- Lesson: more examples on Topics 4-3 and 4-4
- Lesson: Start Topic 4-5 Solving Rational Equations
- QUIZ: Lesson Quiz 4-3 and Lesson Quiz 4-4 after lunch
- Homework #2: P. 213-214: 17-31 odds, 35 AND P. 220-221: 17-23 odds, 27, 29, 33, 34
1/9 THU "A" - 1/10 FRI "B"
- Collect Topic 2 and Topic 3 Enrichment Packets
- Lesson Notes: Topic 4-3 Multiplying and Dividing Rational Expressions and Topic 4-4 Adding and Subtracting Rational Expressions
- Homework #1: Correct Topic 2 and Topic 3 Enrichment Packets
- 3-1 Enrichment 3-2 Enrichment 3-4 Enrichment
- 2-3 Enrichment 2-4 Enrichment 2-7 Enrichment
1/7 TUE "A" - 1/8 WED "B"
- Clean Notebook
- Refresh Syllabus rules, especially if you are absent for a graded assignment
- Tutoring will be by appointment only, text or email me.
- New Test/Quiz Tracker given
- Notes: none
- Classwork: 2nd Quarter Cumulative Test Corrrections, to be collected before you leave class today
- Classwork/Homework: Finish Enrichment Worksheets 3-1, 3-2, 3-4 and 2-3, 2-4, 2-7