Geometry is presented as an inductive and deductive system using definitions, postulates, and theorems to establish relationships of geometric figures with proofs and real world applications.
· develop mathematical intuition and a relevant base of mathematical knowledge.
· gain experiences that connect classroom learning with real-world applications.
· learn to work in groups as well as independently.
· increase knowledge of mathematics through explorations with appropriate technology.
· develop a positive attitude about learning and using mathematics.
· build techniques of reasoning for effective problem solving.
· learn to apply, display, and communicate knowledge through alternative means of assessment, such as mathematical portfolios.