Welcome to IB Environmental Systems and Society. This is a one year course that will be formally tested this school year in May.
We will be using the Microsoft Teams platform for much of our information so make sure you understand how to use this. We will be learning this at the very beginning of the school year.
The following documents are handed out on the first day and provide much information about our class:
- IB ESS Syllabus: This contains all kinds of information about class policies and procedures, expectations, grading, and much more.
- Laboratory Safety Rules: This contains the general Lab Safety information. The rules are in place for the safety of all so this is mandatory.
- Flinn Scientific Lab Safety Contract: You do not need to complete or turn in this contract but you do need to read through and understand these rules.
- Signature Page: This is a paper that needs to be returned so I can keep it on file. As with any document, never sign unless you understand the information. If you have questions or concerns, please contact me before signing.
I am excited to work with you on our adventure this year. I am here for you so do not hesitate to contact me if you need help.
In these historic times, we all need to help each other! We will be using Microsoft Teams for our class platform. If you are having problems accessing Teams from home, please email me at email@example.com and I will help.
1. Make sure you are using your school email account (marionstudents.net) to access your schoolwork.
2. If you email me using a personal account or are a parent who is emailing me, please include the student name and course period.
Phone: School phone: 352-671-4820
Other: 352-405-5317 (leave a message or text)
We are in this together! Stay strong, stay distant from others, and wear a mask. The faster we get this right, the faster we can get back to normal.
Remember to be safe and stay positive. Be silly - it's fun!
Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child’s image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device.