WPHS Homecoming Dance Date: September 21, 2019
Theme: West Port Worldwide
ALL students & guests MUST have a physical ticket to enter the dance or they will not be admitted. If a student misplaces/loses their ticket(s), please note that there are NO replacements tickets available. Students will not be able to attend the dance without a physical ticket.
There are NO REFUNDS.
Dance ticket sales will END on Thursday, September 19th.
NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD AFTER THIS DATE AND NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD AT THE DOOR!
The LAST Day to submit outside guest forms for approval will be MONDAY, September 9th. If the guest currently attends a public or private high school, they will need to have the DEAN or administrator at that school complete the approval portion. Bring the completed guest form with you to purchase the ticket during ALPHA Time.. See Guest rules on the Homecoming Dance page.
If the guest does NOT attend a public or private high school, the guest form must be completed and given to Ms. Neal in 5-209 and may take several days to get approval. See the Homecoming Dance page.
Spirit Week Dates: September 16, 2019 - September 20, 2019
Dress-up Theme Days:
- Monday- Around the World - Culture Day
- Tuesday- Aloha - Tacky Tourist Day
- Wednesday- My 1 in 7 Billion - Twin Day
- Thursday- Western Galaxy - Cowboys vs. Aliens Day
- Friday- Coming Home - Fri-Yay Spirit Day!!
- West Port Colors: Seniors- Teal, Juniors- Black, Sophomores- Gray, Freshmen- White
- Prizes for BEST teacher and student participation!
Events for the Week:
Monday, September 16th: HC Door Decoration Contest judging
- 3rd period students help decorate doors to the theme the week before HC during PH
- Doors should be up and ready to judge by the FIRST day of HC week, September 16th.
- First place on the EAST and WEST side will get a class pizza party
- BEST hallway will have a SIT block party day with free food and music after HC week is over
- Rubric for door judging:
Tuesday, September 17th: Powder Puff game at 7:00 pm in the stadium
- Come out and cheer the girls in each of the classes
- See Ms. Torres to pay and play
Wednesday, September 18th: the Wolf Pack Howl evening pep rally at 7:00 pm in the PAC
- Clubs and sports teams will perform skits and dances geared to the HC theme
- Prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place
- Recognition of club/sport HC spirit reps
- Crowning of the Senior HOCO King & Queen at the end
Friday, September 20th: Homecoming game starts at 7:00 pm, half-time parade
- Come support the Pack and enjoy the half-time show where all clubs and sports will walk in front of the home side and we may even have some floats!
Saturday, September 21st: HOCO Dance from 8:00 pm -11:00 pm
- Doors will open at 8:00 pm and the dance ends at 11:00 pm
- Students can NOT be on the debt list and must have a 2.0 GPA and no discipline issues
- Students MUST be dress code compliant to enter (see Dress Code Rules)
- Students MUST arrive by 9:00 pm or they will not be allowed to enter
- Students must have a photo ID to enter the dance
- Students may not leave until 10:30 pm
Homecoming Spirit Reps:
- We do not have a homecoming court, but we do have clubs and sports nominate students to represent them from each grade level, and we recognize them at the Howl show
- Seniors will also be nominated by a club or sport and then students will vote for the king & queen which counts for 50%
- Seniors must dress-up and participate in ALL HOCO week events to get points. Students will get more points for actually participating in the Powder Puff game and in a club/sport skit at the Howl Show. Students must see Ms. Neal in room 5-209 before school to get checked for dress-up days
- The male and the female with the most points will be crowned as the senior king & queen at the Howl Show.