Honor Cord CorrectionsPosted by Adam Langenmayr on 6/16/2020
If there was a mistake with your honorcord designation. Please email the teacher in charge of that program and notify them of the mistake. Please include me on the e-mail as well.
The teacher in charge of the specific honor cord program in question must instruct me to award you the honor cord. You must also meeet the minimum weighted GPA standard of a 3.0.
Corrections will be made on Wednesday, 6.17.2020 between 12:00-2:00 pm. Please come to the flagpole loop outside West Port's front office to recieve your corrected cords.
Must have a 3.0 weighted GPA to qualify for ANY honor cord.
If there’s an issue see ….
Gold – 4.0 & Above
Silver – 3.5 -3.999
Teal – 3.0- 3.499
White – NHS
Navy – MCCA
Purple – SNHS
Light Blue – MAT
Mr. Renfroe/Ms. Gleason/Ms. Major
Pink – Tri-M
Royal Blue/Yellow Braid-- Agriculture
Red/Royal Blue Braid-- Criminal Justice
Royal Blue/ Gold Braid--Admin Office Tech
Red/White Braid-- Communications Tech
Ms. Van Fleet
Kelly Green--Teacher Assisting
Maroon--Digital Video Production
Tune in to watch--WPHS 2020 Graduation Ceremony Live StreamPosted by Adam Langenmayr on 6/15/2020
This will be the link to watch graduation ceremonies live on our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/MCPSmedia.
Please note -- viewers will not see a link to your high school livestream until the morning of your graduation.
Dress Code for the Graduation CeremonyPosted by Adam Langenmayr on 6/5/2020
Dress Code for Graduation
- A dress, or skirt and blouse, or dress pants outfit, and dress shoes.
- White dress shirt with dark slacks, a tie, and dark dress shoes/dress boots.
- No jeans, denim, shorts, flip flops, shower shoes, or tennis shoes will be allowed.
- Caps-Morter Boards are not permitted to be decorated
Please visit Mr. Langenmayr’s (Graduation Coordinator) Website/Blog/Calendar for detailed information concerning graduation. You can access his website by visiting www.WestPortWolfPack.org under the Faculty and Staff option. Please e-mail additional questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
West Port High School--2020 CEREMONY INFORMATIONPosted by Adam Langenmayr on 6/5/2020
West Port High School
This year’s Graduation Ceremony has been modified, due to COVID-19. There have had to be many changes to our traditional procedures. Please understand that the health and safety of everyone involved, balanced with the desire to appropriately honor our Seniors, is of our upmost concern.
Social Distancing requirements make it very difficult to arrange seating in our stadiums. Therefore, we have implemented the following policies:
- Only two tickets per graduate
- No one will be allowed to enter a school campus without a ticket or cap and gown
- Seating is arranged in twos. We need each graduates’ two ticketholders to sit TOGETHER, so that enough seating will be available to all guests
- Graduates’ two ticketholders are urged to arrive at the same time, in order to expedite seating
- There will not be open seating. School officials will direct you to field or stadium seating, based on availability
- Field seating will be in groups of two chairs. Stadium seating will be two guests per piece of blue tape
Graduates are to report to their assigned seat on the field and follow Social Distancing requirements throughout the ceremony.
At the conclusion of the ceremony, graduates will be dismissed first and asked to immediately exit the stadium. We will then dismiss the guests, by section, via the public address system. For the safety of all attending, we ask that all guests remain seated until their section is dismissed. When dismissed, we ask that all guests exit the stadium immediately. Please do not congregate in the parking lots.
No large bags or purses will be allowed.
Programs will be available, via self-service, on a table near the entrance to the stadium.
Diplomas will be available June 15, 2020 along with two (2) tickets per graduate and honor cords. This will be held in the Student Parking Lot off 38th from 9:00-11:00 and 4:00-6:00. ONLY students can pick up tickets and diplomas with their student ID.
Re-Post from Several Months Ago: Direct Links to Rhodes Graduation Order InformationPosted by Adam Langenmayr on 5/12/2020
Re-Post from Several Months Ago: Direct Links to Rhodes Graduation Order Information
Some of you still need to order your basic cap/gown/tassel/medallion package.
See the links below. The first link will allow you to check to see if you already have an order placed with Rhodes Graduation. The second link will take you directly to the basic cap/gown/tassel/medallion package.
If you are borrowing a cap/gown from a previous WP graduate, you may want to get a 2020 tassel and medallion. If so, choose the Early College Package link. You DO NOT NEED TO BE in the Early College program to order this package.
Drive Through at WPHS on Tuesday-5.12.2020Posted by Adam Langenmayr on 5/11/2020
Tomorrow is an exciting day for West Port’s Class of 2020. We look forward to seeing you tomorrow morning between 10:00 and 12:00. We have personalized graduation signs for each graduating student as well as yearbooks for those students who have purchased them. There will be a few available for purchase if you did not preorder.
Students in 9th – 11th grade can pick up their yearbooks on Wednesday, May 13th between 10 and 12:00 in the student parking lot. Please drive in the student parking lot using the parent pick up line and we will direct you to the appropriate location. After your pick up, please feel free to stop by our Curbside Meal Site (between 10:30 and 12:00) for a Grab and Go Meal. Our cafeteria staff would love to see you! Go to the second entrance off 80th at the Driver’s Ed loop by Building 9.
For students who purchased prom tickets, your refund in now available. We will have checks in the Main Front Office Loop from 10-12:00 tomorrow morning. The check is made payable to the Family 1 name on the Student Skyward Account. Please bring ID to pick up and sign for your refund check.
Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow, if you are unable to attend, please contact the front office.
Have a GREAT evening and Go Wolf Pack.
Honor Cord Update--5.8.2020Posted by Adam Langenmayr on 5/8/2020
I know many of you have questions about honor cords. I still do not have all of the answers but here is what I do know.
- WPHS is planning to provide you with the honor cords that you have earned for your hard work and academic achievement
- In order to recieve honor cords, you must have a minimum weighted GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Please see the table below for information on the WPHS organizations that are permitted to award cords.
- Please note that only WPHS authorized cords from the organizations listed below are permitted to be worn at graduation
Must have a 3.0 weighted GPA to qualify for ANY honor cord.
Gold – 4.0 & Above
Silver – 3.5 -3.999
Teal – 3.0- 3.499
Admin Office Tech
Digital Video Production
Grad Update 5.8.2020Posted by Adam Langenmayr on 5/8/2020
Good morning students,
I hope that all of you are doing well and that you are continuing to stay safe and healthy. I miss you all so much! There are only two weeks and two days of school left for seniors after today (May 26th is the last day). Even with all of this craziness, we want you to finish strong! Please let us know how you are doing, especially if you are struggling. We want to help you cross that finish line!
Please pay close attention to the following updates:
- Tuesday, May 12th 10:00am – 12:00pm, Pick Up Senior Signs and Yearbooks
- ALL seniors can receive a free sign with their name and photo as a commemorative graduation gift from the school. For those students who have purchased yearbooks, you may also pick them at this time. Pick ups will be arranged as a drive through in the student parking lot, please pay attention to directions when you go to school. If you haven’t purchased a yearbook yet and you are interested in buying one, please contact Ms. Torres directly at Sabrina.Torres@marion.k12.fl.us immediately, before they sell out.
- AICE Exams, Monday May 11th – Friday May 15th
- During the week of May 11-15, you will be required to take an AICE mock exam, and it must be completed and submitted online within that timeframe. Please be sure to check with Ms. Torres, Ms. Wheeler, or Mr. Tank for your instructions. I have already received notifications from their Google Classroom, so you should be able to view this information from them already. Do your best on the test!
- West Port Graduation Date has been announced for Friday, June 19th at 9:00am.
- In an effort to keep you safe, tickets to attend have been limited to two per graduating senior. Streaming options will be available so that other friends and family members may view the ceremony at a safe distance. We know this isn’t ideal, but we hope you can use this information to begin planning for this joyous occasion. We are so proud of all of you, and how far you have come. We want to celebrate your success, even if it looks different than it has in the past.
- Graduation cap and gowns have been mailed out
- If you have not received your cap and gown, please reach out to me ASAP. There may be an issue with the address listed on your Skyward Student account. You can e-mail me at email@example.com
- Also, it's not to late to order a cap/gown. Read through previuos blog posts on this page to find instructions and direct links to ordering your cap/gown through Rhodes Graduation.
- Grab and go meals for all students will be available in the coming weeks, Monday - Friday 10:30am-12:00pm at West Port. Anyone under 18 may also receive meals from the school, so please keep that in mind for younger siblings. Please use the back gate to pick up meals, they are available in a drive through line in the ROTC loop.
- The Wi-Fi Parking Lot is still open at West Port, Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. If you need a free, secure internet connection, please drive to the school and utilize this service to complete your work.
- PLATO Classes – we’re hearing from Ms. Kelly that a lot of you have not been active in PLATO since the first week of April, or before. Remember, the tests have been opened so that you may complete entire courses on your own… TAKE ADVANTAGE of this opportunity and get your credits done!
- If you have items in your teachers’ classrooms that you need to pick up, please contact your teacher directly and let them know. We have been told that students will be able to pick up their items after Monday, May 18th.
- We’re waiting for the schedule about textbook and library book drop-off. The school will let us all know when they have a scheduled date and time.
Graduation Update--5.7.2020Posted by Adam Langenmayr on 5/7/2020
GRADUATION PLANS ANNOUNCED
FOR CLASS OF 2020
MARION COUNTY – Following consensus from the School Board of Marion County, here are graduation plans for the Class of 2020 in Marion County public high schools.
All graduations will take place in school football stadiums and tentatively follow this schedule and stipulations:
· June 12 – MTI at Booster Stadium
· June 15 – Vanguard at Booster Stadium
· June 16 – Forest at Mikey Kelly Stadium
· June 17 – Lake Weir at Lake Weir Stadium
· June 18 – North Marion at Stan Toole Memorial Stadium
· June 19 – West Port at Ken Vianello Stadium
· June 20 – Belleview at Brent Hall Field
· June 22 – Dunnellon at Richard Kennedy Stadium
· All graduations start at 9AM.
· Graduation practice will not take place.
· Seniors will arrive and sit in reserved seats spaced six feet apart on the school football field.
· Bands or music ensembles will not participate.
· Formal processionals and recessionals will not take place.
· Each senior receives two admission tickets for guests.
· Guests must sit in designated areas safely social distanced in bleachers.
· Similar safe social distancing will be paramount at all times to prevent physical contact or close gatherings.
· Three people will be seated on stage – a school board member, the superintendent, and the school principal.
· No physical contact will occur between students and stage occupants.
· No teacher and district staff seating sections will exist.
· Valedictorian and salutatorian speakers will be allowed.
· Each senior will accept a diploma cover after crossing the stage and be officially photographed.
· Students will turn their own tassels together at the end of each ceremony.
· When ceremonies conclude, graduates and guests must leave immediately to avoid crowd gatherings.
Extra law enforcement will attend each ceremony to ensure everyone’s safety. Each ceremony will also be recorded and live streamed if possible. All ceremonies will be posted to the Marion Education Channel and the district’s YouTube channel (MCPSmedia).
All graduation plans are subject to change based on COVID-19 conditions and guidelines at the time. Relaxed guidelines could change these plans.
If alternate plans are necessary, graduations will be moved to July 13 – July 21 still in school football stadiums. The backup for this plan is to hold all graduation ceremonies inside First Baptist Church of Ocala during July 13 – July 21. In this case, only graduating seniors would participate inside the sanctuary. All guests would observe commencement exercises on large screens outside from their parking spots
5.1.2020-UpdatePosted by Adam Langenmayr on 5/1/2020
Hope this post finds you all well!
Still no set dates for graduation ceremonies or celebrations (or whatever we end up doing to recognize seniors) but we do know that the last day for seniors will be 5.26.2020.
Please make sure that you stay caught up with all of your classes and assignments. Remeber, the grading period will end May 26, 2020!