Message from your teacher:
Dear Incoming 2nd Graders and Families,
I am so excited that I get to be your teacher in August! I look forward to working with you. You won't believe how much you will learn and how much FUN we will have this school year. Until then, I want you and your family to have a fun, relaxing summer, but remember to exercise your little brains as well.
Below are some tips that will help you to be a Super, Successful 2nd Grader!
- Read (or be read to) for 20 minutes daily.
- Continue to practice reading and spelling 1st-grade sight words
- Practice addition/subtraction facts (0-20)
- Count by 1, 5, and 10 to 120 (or higher)
- Keep a writing journal to write down your summertime experiences. Be sure to use complete sentences with correct capitalization and punctuation!