WWI R.A.F.T. Get out a blank piece of paper
You are in the trenches during WWI and writing a letter back home. You must include the following in any order. This should be creative. We will read these
- What side of the war are you fighting on, the Triple Entente (England, France, Russia and later the United States) vs the Triple Alliance (Germany, Austria-Hungary, Italy)
- Integrate at least two pictures (from the packet or Notes)
- What is your job? Soldier in the trench, nurse, loading artillery, gas team
- Describe the weapons being used
- Describe the bloodiness of the war
- Describe the conditions of your trench (how do you sleep, wet clothes, etc.)
- Describe crossing “no man’s land”
- What are you doing in the trench when you are not firing?
- Ask the person you are writing letter to, what they are doing to help (rationing, donating metals, manufacturing weapons, buying war bonds)
- What do you think is going to happen to you?