Student Registration Q&A

  • When should I register my child for school?

    • You are encouraged to register your child as soon as possible through the New Student Online Enrollment process. Previous school records or report cards help schools place students.

    What do I need to bring to register my child?

    This School Enrollment/Registration Checklist provides a list of documents required to be submitted at the time of registration:

    1. Verification of Age (one of the following):
      1. Certified Birth Certificate (required for Pre-K & Kindergarten) - no photocopies (school will make photocopy)
      2. Insurance policy
      3. Passport
      4. School record
      5. Certificate of baptism, accompanied by parent’s affidavit
      6. Authentic Bible record, accompanied by parent’s affidavit
    2. Proof of Residence (one of the following sets of documents):
      1. Copy of mortgage or lease/rental contract AND a copy of a recent (two months or less) electric bill in parent’s/guardian’s name
      2. Copy of a recent (two months or less) electric bill in parent’s/guardian’s name AND affidavit from landlord verifying residency
      3. Affidavit from head of household AND mortgage or lease/rental contract in the name of head of household AND a copy of a recent (two months or less) electric bill in name of head of household -- click to download affidavit
    3. Proof of Immunizations:
      1. MUST be on Florida Immunization Form 680
      2. All out-of-state immunizations MUST be transferred to Form 680 
    1. Proof of Physical Examination:
      1. MUST be within 12 months of the 1st day of school enrollment in a Florida public school
      2. MUST be signed AND dated by a physician
    2. Photocopy of Student’s Social Security Card
    3. Academic History (provide any or all of the following):
      1. Last (most recent) report card
      2. Transcript
      3. Withdrawal Form
      4. Special education information
    4. Legal Documentation: If you are not the legal guardian or residential custodial parent of a student OR there is a court decision regarding the release of information related to custody/restraining orders, etc., state law REQUIRES that one of the following documents be provided for enrollment:
      1. Court Custody Documentation stating specifications
      2. Department of Children and Families Placement Letter
      3. Educational Guardianship - notarized documents verifying parent/legal guardian of student is incarcerated
    5. Previous school documents (if applicable)

    If transferring to another Marion County School, please bring the following items to register:

    1. The parent's ID
    2. Proof of residence