Algebra II Syllabus
INSTRUCTOR: Mrs. Wargo
CONTACT INFO: Terri.Wargo@marion.k12.fl.us
Course Description: Algebra 2 is the third math course in high school and will guide you through among other things linear equations, inequalities, graphs, matrices, polynomials and radical expressions, quadratic equations, functions, exponential and logarithmic expressions, sequences and series, probability and trigonometry.
- Colored Pen for correcting and taking notes
- Notebook (composition or spiral)
- Loose leaf paper
- ¼ in. graph paper
- A folder or binder
Algebra is a subject that takes practice to fully understand. There will be a high emphasis placed on problems done in class and homework. Credit for assignments will be given for accuracy and/or effort. Due to COVID-19 most assignments will be an electronic form. Assessments will be given throughout the unit to check for understanding.
Test: 40%, Quizzes: 30%, Classwork: 20%, and Homework: 10%
Tests & Quizzes: Make-up tests must be completed as soon as possible and will only be available during ALPHA Time.
Homework: Students have 1 week to complete online homework. All assignments will be assigned on Monday and they are due on Sunday.
Late work will not be accepted (unless student has prior permission from the teacher).
- Come to class prepared and on time.
- Keep desk clear of non-class items.
- Cellphones are to be turned off and stored in your backpack.
- No food or drink will be allowed to be consumed during class, since mask will be worn at all time.
- Focus on Mrs. Wargo while she is teaching.
- Raise your hand to ask or answer questions.
- Be respectful of the teacher, fellow students, and school property.
Adequate parent/teacher and student/teacher communication is important. If you have any questions and/or concerns, do not hesitate to call or email me. I can be reached by phone (352-291-4000 ext. 59789) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). I will get back to you as soon as possible.
I look forward to a successful year.