Hello Parents/Guardians and Students,
Welcome to my web page! I can be reached via REMIND App (Directions will be sent via email and in TEAMS), phone by calling the school at 352-671-6210, or anytime by email anytime at Anthony.Gilkes@marion.k12.fl.us
WE ARE USING MICROSOFT TEAMS!
Belleview High School teachers, including myself, will be using MICROSOFT TEAMS as the online learning platform. The nice thing about TEAMS is all students can access it online through the MCPS Portal and it is one of the programs within Office 365 Online. Students can also download the TEAMS app for their computer or mobile device (Apple or Android). TEAMS can run entirely online, on a computer, or on a mobile device, so it is very versatile.
Both my online and on-campus student will be on TEAMS. My goal is to keep the experience as uniform as possible no matter where you are learning from.
IF you have not watched this already, here is the MCPS TEAMS Orientation Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGWde1jqdT8&feature=youtu.be
BHS Expectations for Online/Distance Learning/Microsoft Teams Meetings and Classrooms:
· Students will show up on time for each online class and be logged in and ready when class begins.
· Students will remain on the computer during structured program hours.
· Students must follow BHS Dress Code requirements while attending class.
· Students will “Raise” their hand if they have a question during instruction.
· Students will stay on “Mute” unless otherwise instructed.
· Students will be respectful at all time when interacting with peers and teacher through Microsoft TEAMS. No inappropriate gestures, language, or actions will be tolerated.
· Students will stay on task, focused, and participate while in class.
· Students will be respectful of their peers, their teacher, and the learning environment.
· Please no eating, drinking, or distracting behavior while on video.