Environmental Science Syllabus 2019-20
West Port High School
Objective: The purpose of this course is for students to learn the fundamentals of science through labs, research, and other methods of inquiry. You will learn about human interactions with ecosystems and how scientists are attempting to solve environmental challenges in our time.
Keys to Success:
- Be Prompt - be on time
- Be Prepared - bring materials to class
- Be Polite - treat others the way you want to be treated
- Be Productive - work bell-to-bell
- 90-100 A
- 80-89 B
- 70-79 C
- 60-69 D
- <59 F
- Daily Work and Quizzes = 60%
- Tests and Projects = 40%
- Semester exams count as 20% of semester and final grades
Attendance: Work missed due to absence or tardiness should be made up in a reasonable amount of time. It is the student's responsibility to come in during A.L.P.H.A. Time if they need extra help. Excessive tardiness will lead to disciplinary action according to school policy.
- Listen and follow directions
- Raise your hand before speaking
- Respect your classmates and teacher
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself
*Consequences for detrimental behavior will result in warnings, loss of privileges, parent calls/conferences, and referrals.
- spiral notebook (one-subject)
- paper (2 packs)
- two-pocket folder
- colored pencils (box)
- tissue paper (1 box)
- pens, pencils, and erasers
Parent Communication: You are encouraged to be involved in your student's education.
Here are a few ways to keep track.
- Skyward - up-to-date grades
- Google Classroom - weekly activities
- Teacher Website - information about the course
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To set up a parent/teacher conference, contact guidance at
(352) 291-4000, ext. 59707
Let’s have a great year!