What is AVID?
Advancment Via Individual Determination (AVID) is a course for students in the 7th grade that could use a little extra push from not only a teacher, but their peers as well.
The program is centered around WICOR strategies that encourage our students to Write, Inquire, Collaborate, Organize, & Read to better their academic success in all subjects.
The plan is to create a safe, familial environment where our students can work to achieve lifelong goals with a built in support system. This program only asks that our students have a good attitude and work ethic.
So excited to be on this journey with our students.
1. According to Admission Requirements what is the minimum GPA to be accepted to UNF?
2. What are some dining options on campus?
3. What is one scholarship option available to incoming Freshman students?
1. How many different careers fall under healthcare according to the department of labor and statistics?
2. What is the highest paying career of the group? How much do they get paid?
3. What is the lowest paying career of the group? How much do they get paid?
4. Pick a career from the list and explain what it is, how much they get paid, and where they work.
What is your GPA?
What is the minimum GPA requirement to get into FAU?
What is the minimum GPA requirement to get into UF?
What is the minimum GPA requirement for UCF?
What is the minimum GPA requirement for the university you want to attend?
How many of the universities can you get into with your current GPA?
1. How far away from Ocala is FAU?
2. How many clubs are on FAU campus?
3. What is FAU's mascot?
4. What are some things you can do near FAU? (off-campus)
1. What is a degree in General Studies (G.S.)?
2. What are some careers you can receive with a degree in General Studies?
3. How satisfied are people with their G.S. degree?
4. a. Do more males or females receive a degree in G.S.?
b. What is the percentage?
1. How far away from Ocala is Florida State University?
2. What is special about the city that FSU is located in?
3. What was your favorite place to look at on the virtual tour, and why?
1. What are some of the duties of a film and video editor?
2. What is their work environment like?
3. What is an important quality of a film or video editor? (Check "How to Become One")
4. a: What is the average pay for a film and video editor?
b: What if the average pay for a camera operator?
5. Is this something you can see yourself doing? Why or why not?
YOU MUST DO BOTH QUESTIONS IN SECTION 1.
CHOOSE 3 QUESTIONS FROM SECTION 2 TO ANSWER. YOU WILL FIND YOUR ANSWERS ON THE MOW 9/17 LINK.
Tell me something exciting about student life at the University of Miami.
What is the name of the building students eat, hang out, and study?
1. What do Biomedical Engineers do?
2. What is the difference between a biomedical engineer and a chemical engineer?
3. What is the average pay for someone who is an aerospace engineer?
4. What are some of the duties of an aersospace engineer?
5. What are some things civil engineers create?
6. What is the difference between a civil engineer and an environmental engineer?
DO NOT FORGET YOUR NAME!
Where is somewhere you would want to visit on USF's campus?
What are some jobs you can obtain with a Bachelors in Dance?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, what is the difference (Range) between what a choreographer makes an hour vs. what a dancer makes an hour?
Answer ALL 3 questions below in the comments. Don't forget your name! I will not approve comments without a name - Samantha D.
What is something you discovered about UCF's campus on your virtual tour?
What is a career that you can obtain with a Bachelor's in Communication that YOU might be interested in? Why are you interested in that career?
Make sure you answer ALL questions and comment your name so I can give you a grade! - Samantha D.
Here is where you can post your homework.
SCAN the Bachelor of Fine Arts PDF (You don't have to read the whole thing, unless you want to).
Pick something that stands out to you. Read about it, then post a comment explaining what you learned from that document.
Be sure to comment your name at the end so that I can give you credit. (Example: - Samantha D.)
Past Due Assignments
Date Due: 08/15/2018
Date Due: 08/17/2018
Date Due: 08/17/2018
Date Due: 08/27/2018
Date Due: 08/29/2018
Date Due: 09/04/2018
Date Due: 09/10/2018
Date Due: 09/17/2018
Date Due: 09/24/2018
Date Due: 09/25/2018
Date Due: 10/01/2018
Date Due: 10/08/2018