Biology Course Outline
Lake Weir High School
Mrs. Pamela Graham
2018-2019 school year
Phone number: 671-4820
Email address: Pamela.firstname.lastname@example.org
This class will introduce students to the main biological concepts of science. We will cover biochemistry, plants, animals, genetics, ecology, evolution, and the nature of science. Throughout the school year students will be participating in labs, demonstrations, cooperative group activities, research activities, and the use of technology to better understand the organization of life.
Pen (blue or black ink) or pencil
Daily assignments will consist of worksheets, lab write-ups, directed note-taking, projects, tests, and quizzes. All assignments must be completed and turned in to receive full credit. All students are responsible for any missing work. Students may contact me or refer to the school web page to for any missing work.
Attendance is very important. This class consists of labs. Missed labs may be difficult to make-up. Missed labs may be made-up before and after school. The Lake Weir High school attendance policy will be strictly enforced. Class instruction starts immediately when class begins.
- Be prepared – bring all required materials to class.
- Be at your assigned seat ready to work when the tardy bell rings.
- No classroom disruptions- do not talk during instruction, during assigned silent work, or instructional videos.
- No profanity
- Anyone caught cheating on any assignments (giving/receiving) will receive a grade of “0”.
- All electronic devices are to be turned off and not visible before entering the classroom (i.e. cell phones, IPods, MP3 players, ear buds, head phones, etc.)
(3) Parent contact
(4) Disciplinary referral
- Direct referrals given for: Gross disrespect to the teacher, fighting, inciting a student to fight, possession of a weapon, and possession/use of any drug or alcohol product.
The following points and percentages determine grades for each nine weeks.
- Tests (Projects, Labs, etc.)- 40%
- Homework - 10%
- Daily Assignments (Quizzes) - 50%
Cell Phones :
The unauthorized use of cell phones have become one of the largest issues in the classroom. The use of cell phones in class is against the district and local school policy of student conduct. Students are not allowed to answer calls or respond to text message during the class period. Emergency contacts can be made through the school operator, 352-671-4820. The rules regarding cell phones will be enforced in my class. Please sign the following to signify that you are aware of Lake Weir High School’s policy regarding the use of cell phones and other electronic devices.