Welcome to Chemistry I Honors!
I am excited to bring students into the awareness of the scientific exploration through Chemistry. This year we will be exploring the matter around and within us, how it changes, and how it interacts to form all that we see, feel, taste, touch, and hear.
Chemistry is the basis of life!
Areas of Study for this Course:
- Chemistry and Scientific Measurement (Chapters 1-3)
- Atomic Structure (Chapters 4-5)
- Periodic Table (Chapter 6)
- Ionic Compounds (Chapter 7)
- Covalent Molecules (Chapter 8)
- Chemical Reactions (Chapter 9)
- Molar Calculations (Chapter 10)
- Stoichiometry (Chapter 11)
- States of Matter and Intermolecular Forces (Chapter 12)
- Gases Laws (Chapter 13)
- Reaction Rates (Chapter 16)