Welcome to Mrs. Silvoy's Webpage!
I miss all of you! I am so proud of all your hard work!
Mucis is your Special this week. Go to Ms. Fotino's webpage!
If you have a need for financial assistance or counseling, go to our guidance counselor, Mrs. Altobello's webpage.
Attention Parents: We will have Zoom Meetings every Tuesday, at 10:00am and 6:30pm. Please make plans to attend one of the Zoom meetings every Tuesday. Check DOJO for ID number and password.
May 18-22, 2020 (8th Week of Distance Learning)
Go to Google Classroom for assignments and links.
- Check DOJO app for daily reminders and updates! DOJO me between 8:00am to 8:00pm.
- Contact me: Available times: 9:00am-12noon, 6:00-7:30pm, Email Sabina.Silvoy@marion.k12.fl.us, and Zoom
- MCPS Desktop will access student's assignments: login: mcps homepage enter user name and password. Will take them to desktop with icons.
- Google Classroom icon is on desktop (where you find i-Ready icon) Google Apps is at the bottom of screen. Click on it and then Google Classroom.
- Attendance will be taken daily at 9:00am. If your child is not working on assignments that day, sick, or will not be present, please contact me and send an excuse to: Rouse@marion.k12.fl.us
- Students should do 15 to 20 minutes in each subject daily found in Google Classroom (Mon.- Fri.) Also, 15 to 20 minutes daily in i-ready Math and Reading for a total of 45 minutes minimum in each subject.
- Math (Think Central icon on desktop) You may have to search for an icon under "etextbooks" or programs at bottom of screen.
- (To turn in work)
- Click the "turn it in" button after you complete each question. It is located on the bottom right hand side of the screen. Also, you have to click onto the orange "Elaborate" AND the red "Evaluate" part of the lesson. You must complete "Evaluate" for a score to show
- Read 20 minutes daily. Take 2 AR tests weekly
In order for your child to retain new information, they need to practice daily in small segments. It is not conducive to learning and retaining information for students to do all Math or Reading assignments in one day.
New…. Morning Show with Mr. Lanza!!! Check it out https://www.marionschools.net/domain/5975
Mr. Lanza's Youtube Channel AR read alouds that you can test on! Click on the link:)https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3phpO27uDNRTAwxMX5Yp_w
- AR marionschools.net/whe click on curriculum then click on drop down for Media Center, link to AR is on that page. Login: username: student lunch number, Password: Students Birthday month and year (ex: 022012)
i-Ready is on student desktop at mcps desktop
Rotate Weekly Music: Go to Ms. Fotino's webpage Link below:
- PE: Coach Lane
- ART: Condi https://www.marionschools.net/Domain/12880
- Music: Fontino https://www.marionschools.net/Domain/12887
ACCESS TO GOOGLE CLASSROOM
Parents….Make sure when you log in that you are NOT in your personal Google Account. You will need to login you’re your child’s personal school google account. Login with their…. first name.last firstname.lastname@example.org
- Login to your child’s desktop. If Google Classroom icon is not on the first page of your child’s desktop, search in Google Apps at the bottom of the desktop screen.
- Click the GOOGLE CLASSROOM
- Click Silvoy’s CLASSicon
- Click on Classwork at the top screen.
- Assignments will show on the screen.
- Click on subject. Files are attached at the bottom of each subject section. Google is interactive, so your child can type answers on worksheet. Students will need help typing answers. Google Classroom will save the work and I will be able to see it.
- Mark completed assignment as done by clicking back to the Assignment in Classwork, next click on View Assignmetn...on right top of screen click on “Turn In"
CHROMEBOOK PARENT HELP DESK-(352) 867-2100-- Having trouble with your school chromebook, call support time: 7:30am-4:30pm.
Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child’s image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device.