Welcome to Mr. Evans' 8th Grade Pre-Algebra page.
With your help, I look forward to your child's success and growth this year!
UPDATE: 3.5.19: The QSMA 3 Outline has been uploaded to the "Review Tab". It shows all possible standards that could appear on the QSMA (3/11, 3/12).
UPDATE 3.7.19 I've also posted the standards with the full descriptions there as well. Students can google/Youtube search the standards if they need additional practice or help as they study in preparation.
QSMA Review Handout posted in Assignment tab. Please look over my notes for help on how to solve.
CURRENT UNIT: QSMA (October 2, 2018)
UNIT TEST ON 9/26, 9/27. STUDY GUIDE LISTED under Assignments. Please spend time to look over concepts.
Wednesday's 9/19 Topic: Reciprocal and Reviewing Positive/Negatives
- Video to help understand concept: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0h5Nbu4GGQ
- Students should be able to apply the concept for a problem such as: 2/3x=12
- In class, we reviewed different outcomes when multiplying or dividing positives and negatives
- examples: negative x negative, negative x positive, positive/negative, negative/negative
(Previous Post) UNIT TEST will be Tuesday, September 18th
A STUDY GUIDE HAS BEEN POSTED UNDER THE ASSIGNMENT TAB.
- 12 Questions
- Review Study for items to know and be familiar with
- Know how to distribute properly if given:
- OR 2(x+5)=20
- MORE ITEMS TO KNOW UNDER ASSIGNMENT TAB
(Previous Post) ASSIGNMENTS -UNIT 2 STUDY GUIDE POSTED!!
- Make sure to view the Assignment tab for any current assignments given.
- With six Pre-Algebra periods, Email is the best method of reaching out to me: Joshua.Evans@marion.k12.fl.us