Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome to the Liberty Lions Family!
Liberty Middle School is an AVID school. We support self determination and students who model skills, talents, and abilities to promote future advancement. During the 2020-2021 school year, my goal is to provide students with new and extraordinary learning opportunities to develop stronger readers, writers, and thinkers.
I look forward to great things in Reading as we embrace and experience our "new normal" in class and MCPS online!
Reading with a Purpose
DAILY READING STRATEGY
* Good Readers use Critical Thinking and WICOR Strategies during the reading process!
READING CURRICULUM AND RESOURCES
* 6th Grade Escalate English (e-Textbook available on MCPS Student Portal)
* Read Works www.readworks.org/student (Login and Class Codes to be assigned)
* Class Dojo www.classdojo.com (Log In and Class Codes to be assigned)
* Microsoft Teams (Log In and Class Codes to be assigned)
* Skyward Messenger (Parent/Student Log In and Passwords to be assigned)
READING TOOLS * Student's Personal Use Only, please replenish as needed.
- 2 Notebooks
- 1 Pencil Pouch
- 1 Pack Pencils
- 1 Pack Highlighters
- 2 Pens (Black/Blue)
- 1 Pack Color Pencils (Fine Point Markers or Gel Pens)
- 2-3 Glue Sticks
- 1 Pack of Wipes
- 1 Personal Size Hand Sanitizer
- 1 Face Mask
- Unlimited Supply-Joy, Patience, Kindness, and Thankfulness :-)