Meet Our Coach
Phone: (352) 671-6000
Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Karli Raney
My name is Karli Raney and I am the Literacy Coach here at Anthony Elementary. The 2018-2019 school year will be my 1styear in this position. I graduated from the University of South Florida with my Education degree as well as my ESOL Endorsement in 2012. My husband and I were both born and raised here in Ocala. We are parents to our beautiful son, Brantley. I am very excited and motivated to be the Literacy Coach at Anthony Elementary! It is a rewarding job that brings a variety of tasks. As a coach, I will work directly with teachers in a school providing classroom-based demonstrations, collaborative and one-on-one support, and facilitating teacher inquiry and related professional development. In addition, I work alongside the School-Based Leadership Team to collect and analyze data, interpret, and use it to guide instructional decisions. I also have the privilege of working with our students in grades K-5 to provide small group support as well as celebrating successes, which in return builds students’ sense of engagement in the ownership of learning. My main goal each day is to help make our school the best it can be! This year it is “Game ON!” We are ready and determined to get our “A” game on and do great things. GO THOROUGHBREDS!
Here are some Reading tips for you to try at home with your student:
- Read along side with your child. This shows them that you think reading is important.
- Ask your child to read aloud to you.
- Read aloud to your child. (This lets your child hear what fluent reading sounds like)
- Ask your child questions about the story.
- Find a special area in the house that could be a quiet reading zone.
- Expose your child to all types of print (newspaper, magazines, etc.).
- Take trips to the public library on a regular basis.
- Take time to seek your child’s reading interests.