- Formative Assessments (classwork, homework, quizzes): 45%
- Summative Assessments (tests, essays, projects.: 55%
Late Work: Due dates and times will be clearly assigned. You will earn partial credit for late work. After two weeks, late work will not be accepted. Assignments may be modified if we have gone over the answers in class prior to your submission.
When you are absent...
- you are responsible for obtaining missed work and turning it in to me
- a missed test or quiz should be made up in the next available CAT period
- long-term projects are due on the assigned day regardless of absence (email work to me if necessary)
- Enter the classroom calmly and quietly
- If you were absent the last time our class met, check the website and the absent folders to see what you missed
- Sit in your assigned seat and begin the daily warm-up
- Binder with dividers OR notebook & folders
- College-ruled notebook paper
- Pen or pencil
- 3 different colored highlighters
- Headphones or earbuds (optional)
- HMH Collections textbook (provided in class)
- You are expected to follow all Forest High School policies for dress, conduct, and attendance.
- Excessive tardiness will result in disciplinary action.
- Work is not optional.
- Plagiarism is unacceptable.
- Take care of any personal business (restroom, locker, another teacher, etc.) before you enter my room. You will be permitted to leave the class only in the case of an emergency.
- Cell phone and electronic devices can be used with teacher permission for academic purposes only.