New Student Enrollment Process
The links below will help you navigate through the process of enrollment and registration ensuring a smooth start at Marion County Public Schools.FAMILIES NEW TO MARION COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Request a Family Access Account if you do not have a Family Access Account and you are new to Marion County Public Schools. You will receive an email with your account information.
FAMILIES ENROLLING AN ADDITIONAL STUDENT IN MARION COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
If you have a student currently attending Marion County Public Schools and already have a Family Access account, New Student Online Enrollment is available as a tab in your current account. If you have forgotten your login name or password, a link on the login page will allow you to enter your email address and your credentials will be emailed to you. If you have not yet added your email address to your account, or if you changed your email address since you registered your account, you will need to contact one of your children's schools.
If you have a student currently attending Marion County Public Schools but you have not registered your Family Access account contact the school where your student is currently enrolled to get your account information. Please do not create a new account.
If your child is turning the age of five (5) on or before September 1 of this year, come register your child in a Marion County school.
FAMILIES RETURNING TO MARION COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
If your student was previously enrolled and attended a Marion County Public School, left the district, and is returning to a Marion County Public School you will NOT complete the New Student Online Enrollment process. You should complete the Returning Student Registration Application form and report to your zoned school with your photo ID and proof of residency. Contact the school for the best day/time to complete the registration process. See Forms section below for the Returning Student Registration Application.
SCHOOL ATTENDANCE ZONES
Each school has a designated attendance area (zoned), you can determine your child’s zoned school by visiting the Marion County Property Appraiser website. (Follow these steps: Enter address, Click “Search,” Click “Map it,” Click “Mapping,” Click “Layer Control,” and scroll down to school zones/location and click "Elementary", "Middle", or "High", Click “Update Map.”).
Registration/Withdrawal Process for Marion County Public Schools
When should I register my child for school?
- You are encouraged to register your child as soon as possible through the New Student Online Enrollment process. Previous school records or report cards help schools place students.
What do I need to bring to register my child?
This School Enrollment/Registration Checklist provides a list of documents required to be submitted at the time of registration:
- Verification of Age (one of the following):
- Certified Birth Certificate (required for Pre-K & Kindergarten) - no photocopies (school will make photocopy)
- Insurance policy
- School record
- Certificate of baptism, accompanied by parent’s affidavit
- Authentic Bible record, accompanied by parent’s affidavit
- Proof of Residence (one of the following sets of documents):
- Copy of mortgage or lease/rental contract AND a copy of a recent (two months or less) electric bill in parent’s/guardian’s name
- Copy of a recent (two months or less) electric bill in parent’s/guardian’s name AND affidavit from landlord verifying residency
- Affidavit from head of household AND mortgage or lease/rental contract in the name of head of household AND a copy of a recent (two months or less) electric bill in name of head of household -- click to download affidavit
- Proof of Immunizations:
- MUST be on Florida Immunization Form 680
- All out-of-state immunizations MUST be transferred to Form 680
- Proof of Physical Examination:
- MUST be within 12 months of the 1st day of school enrollment in a Florida public school
- MUST be signed AND dated by a physician
- Photocopy of Student’s Social Security Card
- Academic History (provide any or all of the following):
- Last (most recent) report card
- Withdrawal Form
- Special education information
- Legal Documentation: If you are not the legal guardian or residential custodial parent of a student OR there is a court decision regarding the release of information related to custody/restraining orders, etc., state law REQUIRES that one of the following documents be provided for enrollment:
- Court Custody Documentation stating specifications
- Department of Children and Families Placement Letter
- Educational Guardianship - notarized documents verifying parent/legal guardian of student is incarcerated
- Previous school documents (if applicable)
How do I withdraw my child from school?
The parent needs to go to the currently enrolled school with the following items:
- The parent's ID
- The student’s ID (Middle and High School students)
- Books issued by the school (and if applicable: instruments, checked out library books, and uniforms)
If transferring to another Marion County School, please bring the following items to register:
- The parent's ID
- Proof of residence