Welcome to Pre-K with Mrs. Michelle Moles & Ms. Stephanie Boisvert
During this time that we are learning from home please do not hesitate to email me questions,
concerns or information regarding your child. I will read and respond to emails weekdays
between 9:00 and 10:00 am and 1:00 and 2:00 pm.
Our unit of study this month is All About Animals. We will be learning about:
- Big Cats-lions, leopards, tigers, cheetahs, panthers
- Grassland Animals-zebra, giraffe, hyena, wildebeest, meerkat, antelope
- Apes & Monkeys-chimpanzee, gorilla, orangutan, baboon, macaques
- Large Gray Animals-elephant, hippo, rhino, warthog
Colors of the month
Black, Gray, White, Brown, Tan
Letters of the month
Gg, Jj, Nn, Zz
- Before, during & after reading-ask comprehension questions (Who, What, Where, When, Why, How)
- Concepts of Print (reading left to right, front to back of book, letter & word identification)
- Writing my first name
- Words that rhyme
- Sorting objects by color, shape, & size
- Counting objects to 25
- Patterns (red, yellow, blue, red, yellow, blue or red, yellow, blue, red, yellow, blue, etc…)
- Animal names for adult male, adult female, baby
- Animal habitats, where they live
- What do animals eat?
Here are some ideas of things you can do with your child this month.
- Read to your child every day.
- Take walks outside, observe and discuss the changes of the season.
- Looking for things that are different shades of black, gray, white, brown, and tan
- Pointing out things that begin with the letter(s) we are working on
- Talk about the shapes that you see in buildings and other objects in the environment.