Welcome to Pre-K with Mrs. Michelle Moles & Ms. Stephanie Boisvert
Our September focus is on my school and my school family. We will learn our teacher’s names, our classmates names, school procedures, and places at our school.
Then we will focus on families and how they are alike and different. A family should be defined as a circle of people who love and care for one another. Each child's family will be celebrated in some way and accepted by the group.
We will be talking about the following:
- Body parts
- How am I alike and how am I unique?
- Different kinds of families
- Where do people live?
The color(s) we will focus on will be shades of brown.
The shape(s) of the month is the circle.
The letter of the month is Mm.
We will work on student’s learning the first letter in their own name.
We love to have our families participating in our program. Your participation helps your child feel important and valued. Please send the following to school with your child:
- A baby photo of your child
- A family photo
- A picture of where you live
- Any books about families
Photos will be displayed in the classroom then sent home safely at the end of the school year. Books will be returned after we read and discuss them.
Activities for you to do at home with your child:
- Find pictures of families in magazines, cut them out, and send them to school.
- Find pictures of places where people live in magazines, cut them out, and send them to school.
- Send an object for our sound table that begins with the Letter M.
- Find pictures in magazines of objects that begin with the letter M, cut them out, and send them to school.
Please explore the web pages I have put together on the left hand side of this website. Here are short descriptions of what these pages contain.
Teacher Homepage-This page! This is the page you will come to first. I will post important announcements here and keep you updated about our monthly themes.
Meet the Teacher-Just a little information about me.
Supplies-Our PreK "must have" supplies and wish list.
Contact Information-A quick way to find my email address and phone number.
Here are some ideas of things you can do with your child this month.
- Read to your child every day.
- Take walks outside, observe and discuss the changes of the season.
- Looking for things that are different shades of all the colors.
- Pointing out things that begin with the letter(s) we are working on.
- Talk about the shapes that you see in buildings and other objects in the environment.
- Count to 31 and beyond. Count cars, trees, toys, anything.
Per district policy your child will be required to have and wear a face covering when socially distancing is not possible. Please put an extra one or two in your child's backpack in case the one they are wearing becomes soiled during the day.
Thank you so much for all you do,
Mrs. Michelle Moles and Ms. Stephanie Boisvert