Marion County Counseling Services Availabilities
The following agencies are currently allowed to provide services on MCPS campuses if the services do not conflict with academic instructional time. MCPS does not endorse any one agency; this list is provided only to inform parents/guardians of counseling service availabilities. MCPS is not responsible for payment of these services.
The Arnette House provides counseling both on and off our main campus to help youth ages 6-17 and their families resolve crisis situations and stay together. This may include opening lines of communication, teaching effective conflict resolution skills, or reducing high-risk behaviors.
- Assist families in opening lines of communication
- Teach families effective conflict resolution skills
- Reduce high-risk antisocial behaviors
- Link families with needed community resources
- Teach effective parenting skills
Camelot Community Care
Camelot's In-Home Counseling Program provides counseling and psychiatric services to clients in their home, school or in the community. Our programs utilize several evidenced based practices including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Functional Family Therapy, Multi-Dimensional Family Therapy, and others. The level of service provided to each client and/or their family is based upon the individual needs of the client.
The Centers offers individual, family, and group/peer therapy for children ages 17 and under. Children receive specialized treatment designed to meet the child’s specific needs from master’s level clinicians. Our compassionate therapists are equipped to provide healing care addressing the following issues or experiences children may be struggling to overcome (not limited to):
- family conflict
- behavioral issues
Children’s Home Society
- We provide the following types of behavioral health care in your community which include services from a mental health and psychiatric treatment professional: Assessment and Evaluation
- Individual, Child and Family Therapy
- Medication Evaluation and Management
- Targeted Case Management
813-290-8560, Option #4
Families First of Florida provides the following services for children with mental and/or behavioral challenges:
- Psychiatry/medication management
- Mental health assessments
- Brief behavioral
- Individual counseling (in-home and office)
- Family counseling (in-home and office)
- Child parent psychotherapy (specific locations)
- Parent-child CBT (Lakeland)
- Behavioral services (integrated with counseling)
- In-home parenting programs
- Therapeutic visitation
Key Life Concepts
We assist in creating success for your children not only by improving their academic and behavioral skills, but also by working with parents to create new home routines to increase school success. For clients receiving in-school counseling, counselors meet with the client and parents in-homes at least one time each month. Our counselors are trained in the research proven methods of Motivational Interviewing and Stages of Change theory.