21st CCLC Photo Gallery
21st Century Community Learning Center
- Before school Monday through Thursday 8:10 a.m. - 9:10 a.m.
- After school on Monday through Thursday 3:35 p.m. - 5:35 p.m.
Past activities have included:
Sewing, carpentry, gardening, engineering, coding, podcasting, basketball, yoga, archery, legos, photography, and more!
Florida 21st CCLC
About 21st Century Community Learning Centers
The 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC) initiative is a key component of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). Authorized under Title IV, Part B, of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), as amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) of 2015, the specific purposes of the federal law are to:
- provide opportunities during non-school hours for academic enrichment, including providing tutorial services to help students, particularly students who attend low-performing schools, to meet the challenging State academic standards;
- offer students a broad array of additional services, programs and activities during non-school hours such as youth development activities, service learning, nutrition and health education, drug and violence prevention programs, counseling programs, arts, music, physical fitness and wellness programs, technology education programs, financial literacy programs, environmental literacy programs, mathematics, science, career and technical programs, internship or apprenticeship programs, and other ties to an in-demand industry sector or occupation for high school students that are designed to reinforce and complement the regular academic program of participating students; and
- offer families of students served by community learning centers opportunities for active and meaningful engagement in their children’s education, including opportunities for literacy and related educational development.
If you would like more information about 21st CCLC, please contact the 21st CCLC Office at 352.671.4171.