During During the current COVID-19 crisis, the first student instructional week will be defined as Wednesday, April 1 through Friday, April 3.
The required tasks for the 4/1-4/3:
- 10-15 minutes day i-Ready (Reading & Math)
- 20 minutes of independent reading a day
- 1 ELA task- Snow-Rollers (Read and Answer Questions)
- 1 math task- Build a clock face (on paper or paper plate)
- *Do not permanently attach clock hands. Can use old earring or pin for moveable attachment. Will use next week.
- 1 science task- Read-Space (Available on Student Desktop -Studies Weekly) take Space T/F.
- Send picture of completed tasks through Class Dojo for grade by Sunday.
Live instruction through ZOOM (video conferencing app) available on smartphones and the computer. Access code will be send through Dojo.
Students unable to attend live meetings may access them through links posted in Dojo.
Optional learning activities for at-home learning:
- MyOn (teacher created projects)
- AR Tests -Lunch Number & BirthMonthYear (ex. Jan2010 is 012010)
- IXL math (any lessons with *)
- iReady Math Games (After daily math time completed)
- Community Reads
- ABC Mouse (create an account)
- Build words with Scrabble or Bananagram tiles
- Board Games
Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.). These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child’s image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device.