1. Please look over your child’s planner to see what they are doing in class and what they are learning. Remember to also check the parent portal, to keep track of your child’s academic progress.
2. Thank you for checking your emails and also by communicating your questions and concerns through email. It is truly an efficient way to communicate.
3. Your child is currently using Kid Biz. Kid Biz is a computerized program where your child is reading non-fiction material. After the initial testing in the program, your child has been given a lexile score. All the material is presented to them in their “just right” lexile level. As they work successfully, the program will adjust to keep up with their individual needs. Kid Biz is essential for reading non-fiction text. They will need to be able to read and comprehend at their grade specific level for the FSA.
4. In Social Studies we will be reading and working in our Florida Studies Weekly newspapaers. This text reequires focus on your child's part. Again, this is all good preparation for the upcoming FSA.
5. YAY! We are working in Google Classroom. This is a great way for your child to work at his/her own pace. There are several assignments to be completed with instructions, links, and due dates. Also, there is plenty of practice they can do online that will support what they are learning and help them prepare for upcoming tests. If your child does NOT complete their daily assignemnts in Google Classroom, they need to complete it for HOMEWORK that evening.
6. Library Day is on Tuesdays. Please be sure your child has ALL his/her library books here for checkouts and/or renewals. Also, remind your child that need to have a book to read in my class EVERY DAY.
7. Your child is working on reading contemporary fiction. The text is not easy and requires them to grapple with it independently in order to grow. Many of my kiddos rely on help in order to complete their work. This is an area where they need to show improvement.
8. The 4th nine week AR goal word goal is 200,000 words with an average of 85% or higher. The goal period began Monday, March 25, 2019 and ends Thursday, May 16, 2019.
Congratulations to the following students for meeting their 4th nine week A.R. goal of 200,000 with an 85% or higher average:
Dickey: Gabriel M., Cesar P., Jasmine L., Landon B., Kaitlyn Z., Everett K., David A. Peyton R., Ridge R., Clay C., Trae T., Ryan W., Breanna H., Caroline D.
Brooks: Jordan R., Axel M., Alexis D., Morgan R., Drayke N., Kolton S., Ryan C., Cole B.
SPECIAL CONGRATULATIONS AND WELCOME TO THE MILLIONAIRE CLUB
There will be a 4th grade Millionaire Club Celebration held at the end of the year by invitation ONLY