1. Please look over your child’s planner to see what they are doing in class and what they are learning. Remember to also check the parent portal, to keep track of your child’s academic progress.
2. Thank you for checking your emails and CLASS DOJO and also by communicating your questions and concerns through these means. It is truly an efficient way to communicate.
4. In Writing, we will be continuing with 5 paragraph essay writing. During Q1, your child will be focused on writing informative/expository essays They will be learning howto add elaboration and evidence from the texts that are provided for a writing assessment. We will be working on essay writing until the Writing FSA, which is part of the overall ELA FSA grade.
5. Keep checking Google Classroom. This is a great way for your child to work at his/her own pace. There are several assignments to be completed with instructions, links, and due dates. Also, there is plenty of practice they can do online that will support what they are learning and help them prepare for upcoming tests. If your child does NOT complete their daily assignments in Google Classroom, they need to complete it for HOMEWORK that evening.
6. I have a vast class library, and your child will be allowed to check out books from there. However, due to health concerns, these books MUST STAY at school at this time. Mrs. Nash will also be coming to the classroom to discuss how your child (in the TRADITIONAL classroom) will be able to check out books. She is working on a plan for ONLINE students and I will let you know when that happens.
7. Your child will be working on reading an historical fiction novel, The Kid Who Ran For President" by: Dan Gutman. Traditional class will use a copy of the book, while my ONLINE class will have a pdf copy of the book. This story will draw kids into the world of elections and politics in a fun way! I can't wait to read this with my classes.