1. Please look over your child’s planner to see what they are doing in class and what they are learning. Remember to also check the parent portal, to keep track of your child’s academic progress.
2. Thank you for checking your emails and also by communicating your questions and concerns through email. It is truly an efficient way to communicate.
3. Your child is currently using Kid Biz. Kid Biz is a computerized program where your child is reading non-fiction material. After the initial testing in the program, your child has been given a lexile score. All the material is presented to them in their “just right” lexile level. As they work successfully, the program will adjust to keep up with their individual needs.
4. In Social Studies the class is reading Volume 2 of "A Land Remembered." The story of the lives of the MacIvey clan and the history of Florida continues...
5. YAY! We are working in Google Classroom. This is a great way for your child to work at his/her own pace. There are several assignments to be completed with instructions, links, and due dates. Also, there is plenty of practice they can do online that will support what they are learning and help them prepare for upcoming tests.
6. Library Day is on Tuesdays. Please be sure your child has ALL his/her library books here for checkouts and/or renewals. Also, remind your child that need to have a book to read in my class EVERY DAY.
7. Your child is working on poetry. They have written a free verse color poem and they are completing an alliteration/repetition poem. It's been fun watching them create!
8. The 2nd nine week AR goal word goal is 200,000 words with an average of 85% or higher. The goal period began Friday, October 12, 2018 and ends Wednesday, December 19, 2018.
Congratulations to the following students for meeting their 3rd nine week A.R. goal of 200,000 AND 1 biography with an 85% or higher average:
Dickey: Jasmine L.
Brooks: Axel M.
SPECIAL CONGRATULATIONS AND WELCOME TO THE MILLIONAIRE CLUB
There will be a 4th grade Millionaire Club Celebration held at the end of the year by invitation ONLY
Cesar Perez (Dickey)