1. Please look over your child’s planner to see what they are doing in class and what they are learning. Remember to also check the parent portal, to keep track of your child’s academic progress.
2. Thank you for checking your emails and also by communicating your questions and concerns through email. It is truly an efficient way to communicate.
3. Beginning soon, your child will be using Kid Biz. Kid Biz is a computerized program where your child is reading non-fiction material. After the initial testing in the program, your child has been given a lexile score. All the material is presented to them in their “just right” lexile level. As they work successfully, the program will adjust to keep up with their individual needs.
4. In Social Studies the class is working on a historical novel, "A Land Remembered" by Patrick D. Smith. It is a story rich in Florida history. It follows the lives of the MacIveys, a Florida family battling the hardships of the Florida frontier to carve a life out of the Florida swamp.
5. YAY! We are working in Google Classroom. Your child just needs to sign onto their portal and click "Google Classroom" on their portal desktop. No code is needed. This is a great way for your child to work at his/her own pace. There are several assignments to be completed with instructions, links, and due dates. Also, there is plenty of practice they can do online that will support what they are learning and help them prepare for upcoming tests.
6. Library Day is on Tuesdays. Please be sure your child has ALL his/her library books here for checkouts and/or renewals. Also, remind your child that need to have a book to read in my class EVERY DAY.
7. Your child is working on learning cursive handwriting. I put animated cursive letters on their Goole classroom so they can watch how each letter is formed. We have been practicing upper and lower case letters as well as writing their own and classmate's names. They are doing well and seem to enjoy the change from print to cursive.
8. The 1st nine week AR goal word goal is 100,000 words (which is adjusted due to AR not being up and running at the beginning of this nine weeks). The goal period ends Thursday, October 11, 2018.
Congratulations to the following students for meeting their 1st nine week 100,000 word goal
Dickey: Cesar P., Callie S.
Brooks: Donnie M., Morgan R.
SPECIAL CONGRATULATIONS AND WELCOME TO THE MILLIONAIRE CLUB
There will be a 4th grade Millionaire Club Celebration held at the end of the year by invitation ONLY