Notice: All Article Analysis Assignments have been cancelled for the year. A student may do the assignment for extra credit.
SEE REG EARTH SCIENCE ASSIGNMENT PAGE
On notebook paper write the words/definitions for "Rocks" from page 327 in the green box.
Due: Nov. 15th (Periods 1,3,5) and 16th (Periods 2,4,6)
There are 8 words. Delete "subsidence" and "rift zone."
Third Article Analysis Due November 27th
If you have already done it, save it for January 29th. Put it in the turn in box at school.
Ms. Pecor's Landform Project
1. Students will choose their favorite landform. They may pick from the following list:
Mountain, hoodoos, river, glacier, sinkhole, alluvial fan, peninsula, canyon, or volcano.
2. Students will research their landform.
3. Students will create a 2D (flat poster), or 3D model of the landform that they have chosen. Any type of materials can be used to create the model.
4. The students will also write a 2-4 paragraph paper describing the landform, how it formed, and why it was chosen by the student. The student should mention any famous examples of the landform. For example: If a student chooses mountains, then Mt. Everest should be mentioned in the paper, and that it is the tallest mountain, as well as other information about it. (The paper may be typed but can be hand written.)
5. Due Date: Nov. 29th Periods 1-3-5
Nov. 30th Periods 2-4-2-6
On notebook paper write the words/definitions for "Minerals" from page 311 in the green box.
Due: Nov. 8th (Periods 1,3,5) and 9th (Periods 2,4,6)
STUDY FOR PLATE TECTONICS
TEST ON NOVEMBER 1st and 2nd!
2nd Article Analysis Due Oct. 23
Due: Next Block Day Sept. 13th and 14th
Review Text Pages 341-347
Complete Page 348 11-14
Complete Page 349 1-8
First Article Anaysis is due September 25th!
Websites for Article Analysis