Thursday August 10th
Basic School Procedures
Friday August 11th
Safety Posters and Presentations
What is an MSDS Sheet?
Choose 4 chemicals from the list below and google their MSDS Sheet. Then complete the attached MSDS Scavanger Hunt Form for all 4 on
your own paper. You must choose two that are animal
relatea and two that are horticulture/greenhouse related.
Bronco Fly Spray
Miracle Grow Liquid Feed
Ortho Bug B Gone
Serv Safe FlashCards
USDA Inspection Link
Inspection and Grading Questions
1. Some meats are mandatory to be inspected and some are voluntarily graded. Explain the difference.
2.. What is the FSIS and what are they responsible for?
3. What are state inspection programs?
4. Describe the early trends of federal inspection of meat and how they have changed.
5. Describe FSIS’s change in relation to inspections coming into the 21st century?
6. To prevent bacterial growth due to foods not being handled properly what does the USDA require?
7. What does the implementation of HACCP plans by FSIS ensure?
8.Describe the marks given to federally inspected meat v.s voluntary inspected meet?
9. Who is responsible for grading meat?
10. Do grades change from state to state? Explain
11. How can consumers identify the grade of the meat the they are purchasing at the grocery store?
12. What are quality grade and yield grade and how are they different?
<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScbNbBlHxIuS66OipAvVUDkhZhvhFYnRA3xcJDI_CkQ0PQrUA/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="500" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>