Unit 1 Function Overview – Learning Goals
- add and subtract polynomials with rational coefficients.
- multiply polynomials with rational coefficients.
- rewrite a rational expression as the quotient in the form of a polynomial added to the remainder divided by the divisor.
- use polynomial long division to divide a polynomial by a polynomial.
- use synthetic division as a method of rewriting rational expressions when the divisor is in the form x-c
- determine if a function is one-to-one
- write an inverse function, including restricting the domain.
- write a function to model a real-world context by composing functions and the information within the
- recognize even and odd functions from their graphs and equations
- determine the value of k when given a graph of the function and its transformation.
- identify differences and similarities between a function and its transformation.
- identify a graph of a function given a graph or a table of a transformation and the type of transformation that is represented.
- graph by applying a given transformation to a function.
- identify ordered pairs of a transformed graph.
- complete a table for a transformed function.
- graph a function using key features.
- identify and interpret key features of a graph within the real-world context that the function represents.