West Port High School
Sarah Cardinal, teacher
Phone Number: 291-4000
Email Address: Sarah.Cardinal@marion.k12.fl.us
Through the study of psychology, students acquire an understanding of and an appreciation for human behavior, behavior interaction and the progressive development of individuals. The content examined in this first introductory course includes major theories and orientations of psychology, psychological methodology, memory and cognition, human growth and development, personality, abnormal behavior, psychological therapies, stress/coping strategies, and mental health.
Materials Needed: Pens (blue or black only), Pencils, a section of a three ring binder or a duo-tang folder dedicated to Psychology.
Grades and Assignments: Students will receive grades on tests, written work and other coursework as assigned.
Tests/Projects = 50%
Classwork/Quizzes = 50%
* NO WORK AFTER THE LAST CALL WILL BE ACCEPTED (Generally 2 weeks after assigned)
* THERE WILL NOT BE RETAKES ON TESTS
MY RESPONSIBILITES AS A TEACHER
- To treat others with respect and care as an individual
- To provide an orderly classroom environment
- To provide the necessary discipline
- To provide the appropriate incentive
- To teach the required content
RESPONSIBILITIES AS A STUDENT
- To treat the teacher with respect and care as an individual
- To attend class regularly
- To be cooperative and not disruptive
- To study and complete all work
- To learn and understand the required content