Read 180 Syllabus
Read 180 is now a 50-minutes reading intervention course focusing on reading, comprehension and writing skills. The format is structured in a way to keep students engaged. The class consists of whole group instruction, small group direct instruction, individualized computer instruction and independent reading. In addition, individual conferences are used help students review their progression. For more information please see the reading curriculum page.
Classroom Rules and Expectations
- Respectful - respect your teacher, fellow students and the classroom.
- Patient - raise your hand for permission to speak or leave your seat.
- Responsible – listen, follow directions the first time, stay on task and make smart choices.
- Space – keep your hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
- Place - sit in your assigned seat and during center time stay in your assigned area.
- AIM Expectations should be followed.
- Enter the class quietly find your assigned seat and be ready to learn when the bell rings. Please have your pencils sharpened and start on bell work.
- Turn in papers by passing them to the front of the room.
- Leaving the room for any reason requires a pass. Your time out of the room will be monitored, so please use your time wisely.
- Please be quiet when moving centers. It is important to move quickly because time is important. You will only have 20 minutes in each center.
- When the bell rings do not stand. I dismiss you, not the bell. I will give you time to pack up your items. Please make sure you have all your items before leaving the room. Push in your chairs and leave in an orderly fashion.
Please have a good attitude - do your best, if you don’t understand, ask.
Not following classroom rules or AIM expectations will result in consequences. It is your choice when you break rules or AIM expectations. The consequences listed below outline the typical escalation of consequences for repeated offenses. If the offense is egregious then consequences will be elevated immediately.
- Verbal warning
- Call or email to parent/guardian with teacher assignment for student
- Call or email to parent/guardian, time-out
This class will follow the OMS policy as listed in the Student Handbook. Please ask for make-up assignments on the day you return to school. Your grade will reflect missing assignments.
100 - 90 % A
89 - 80 % B
79 - 70 % C
69 - 60% D
59 - 0% - F
Classroom work and quizzes - 50%
Tests and projects – 40%
Homework – 10%