Intensive Reading Syllabus
Mrs. Galloway Lyons
Telephone: 352-671-6035 Ext 56269
Intensive Reading Objectives
Reading instruction will focus on improving students’ vocabulary, spelling, comprehension, fluency and written expression. Students will be provided instruction in proper usage, grammar, and mechanics. Extensive in and out of class reading, class discussions and a variety of writing experiences will be required.
Make-up Work Procedures
Students with excused absences will be allowed two days to make up any work missed.
WHAT IS REMIND AND WHY IS IT SAFE? Remind is a
free, safe, and messaging tool that helps teachers
share homework and classwork assignments. Text
81010 with the message @way352
Color copy paper, composition book, personal headphones, paper, pencils with erasers, handheld sharpener
1.) Enter the classroom quietly.
2.) Turn in homework and sharpen pencils.
3.) Quietly complete Bell Work.
1.) Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
2.) No food, drinks or gum.
3.) Remain in your seat and work quietly.
4.) Respect yourself and others.
5.) Always do your BEST.
Class Work, Quizzes 40%
Test, Projects, and Presentation 50%
A = 90-100
B = 80-89
C = 70-79
D = 60-69
F = 59 and below
If a student breaks a rule stated above, the following consequences will occur:
1) Verbal warning
2) Time Out
3) Time Out in another class
4) Parent Contacted/Conference
5) Dean Referral
- Reading homework will be assigned daily.
- Class work – will be completed in their interactive notebook and will be submitted when requested by teacher.
- Projects are creative extensions from literature assignments that will include performances, essays, and speeches.
- Quizzes will generally assess mastery of essential skills taught during the unit.
- Tests will assess reading comprehension, writing fluency, as well as grammar progress.