COURSE DESCRIPTION AND GOALS
Cambridge International AS and A Level English Language provides learners with the opportunity to study English language and its use in communication. Learners will be encouraged to respond critically to a wide variety of texts in a range of forms, styles and contexts, and to promote skills of communication, reading, research and analysis.
Through their study, learners will develop an ability to read and analyse material, gaining further knowledge and understanding of English language features and issues. Learners will also develop the skills of writing clearly, accurately, creatively and effectively for different purposes and audiences.
The goals and objectives of this course are:
- to develop a critical and informed response to texts in a range of forms, styles, contexts and audiences
- to develop the interdependent skills of reading, analysis and research
- to develop effective, creative, accurate and appropriate communication
- to develop a firm foundation for further study of language and linguistics.
Candidates are assessed on their ability to:
- read with understanding and analyse texts in a variety of forms.
- demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of English language (including, at A Level, spoken language) and its use in a variety of contexts.
- write clearly, accurately, creatively and effectively for different purposes/audiences, using different forms.
Remind app for cell phone: Enter 8101, then text @4d7k38