Welcome to our VPK Inclusion Homepage with Ms. Piperato and Mrs. Tripp
If your child will be entering our VPK Program for the 2020-2021 school year he/she will be required to wear a facemask/shield when social distancing is not feasible. Sheilds are being provided by the District. Please know that your child's health and well-being are of utmost importance. Hygiene and safety procedures will be taught and practiced each day. Please check the Marion Oaks Elementary School and the Marion County Public Schools websites for updates and important information regarding the re-openings of schools. Pre-K will have a stagger start bginning August 24th. You have been notified if your child will be starting on the 24th, 25th, or 26th. All students attend on Thursday August 27th and Friday August 28th. For example, if your child starts on Monday the 24th, he/she will not return until Thursday the 27th.
Please try to engage your child with our online resources pages. Just click on the titles and the link will pop up! More online resources for art, literacy, math and science on our Online Resources Page. For more fun and music go to the Music and Movement Page.
Our Theme for August and September is: Me and My Family (Detailed information can be found on the Classroom Themes Page and a copy will come homw in their folders)
The experiences planned during these months will focus on families and how they are alike and different and learning classroom/school rules and procedures. Each child's family will be celebrated in some way and accepted by the group. In our classroom, a family is defined as a circle of people who love and care for one another.
We will be learning and talking about the following:
- Body Parts
- Our Five Senses
- How am I alike and how am I unique?
- Differents kinds of families and damily members
- Where Do People Live?
We love our families to participate in our program and monthly themes. Your participation helps your child feel important and valued. Please send the following items to school with your child:
- A photo of your child as a baby
- A picture of your family and where you live
- Any books about famlies (books will be quarantined for 72 hours before being sent home)
- Any objects that begin with the letters Mm and Oo for our sound board (Objects will be sanitized before being sent home)
Activities for you to do daily.
- Read to your child every day.
- Point out letters you see in the environment. (i.e. P at the beginning of Publix, T at the beginning of Target, W at the beginning of Walmart, etc.)
- Discuss the colors and shapes you see in the environment. Nature walks are full of shapes and colors.
- The beach is a great place to teach your child about Oceans and Ocean Life.
- When talking to your child, try to use as many adjectives as you can to encourage vocabulary and sentence structure.
- Encourage your child to sort common househld items by color, shape and size.
Ms. Piperato and Mrs. Tripp
We love our "Little Manatees" !