Wecome to Pre-K with Ms. Piperato and Mrs. Tripp
As you know we are moving to a distance learning model. Each Monday, I will email you a Pre-k Learning Packet. This packet is not intended to replace our monthly themes. Therefore, you will need to check your emails and the teacher website for assignments. The page titled Assignments will share learning links and activities for Music and Movement from Mrs. Tripp. She misses you as much as I do. This is a big change for all of us, but as a school family we can do anything we set our minds to. If you have any questions please email me at email@example.com.
Our theme, Amphibians and Reptiles, will be carried up to April 10th. Please try to enage your child in the theme related activities listed below.
The experience should focus on Amphibians and Reptiles and how they are alike and differenct. Little boys and girls love this topic. A great deal of emphasis has been placed on literacy, but science and math are just as important. Young scientists are developed early through an interest in learning about the natural world.
The colors of the month will be shades of greeen.
Letters: Aa Vv
We love when our families to participate in our program. Your participation helps your child feel important and lets them know that you value them and their education. Please try to engage your child with the ideas below.
- Objects that begin with the letters Aa or Vv or replicas and toy amphibians and reptiles.
- Alphabet or shape books to be read during sharing circle.
- Any books about reptiles and amphibians.
Activities for you to do daily.
- Read to your child every day.
- Point out letters you see in the environment. (i.e. P at the beginning of Publix, T at the beginning of Target, W at the beginning of Walmart, etc.)
- Discuss the colors and shapes you see in the environment.
- Take walks outside and observe any reptiles aor amphibians that you see.
- Point out objects with the Pentago hape (5 sides) and the color green.
Ms. Piperato and Mrs. Tripp