There are several apps and websites that I utilize in order to get the most out of your child's learning experience. CLASS DOJO is the place to go for the most up to date information relating to my classroom. It is here where you can find daily updates for changes in schedules, positive/negative points for your individual student, and where you can message me with any questions about your student. Please check this application daily.
Please be sure to view our special areas teacher websites below:
P.E: Suzanna Hawk/Tim Glisson
Music: Katrina Willis
Art: Joyce DeJarnett
**PLEASE LOG IN TO GOOGLE CLASSROOM FOR UPDATED CLASS INFORMATION AND ASSIGNMENTS. PLEASE E-MAIL ME IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE WITH LOGIN**
**Marion County Public Schools may record online sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, Etc.) These recordings will only be used for education purposed and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child's image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device. **
The best way to communicate with me is through CLASS DOJO. If you do not have CLASS DOJO, please e-mail me so I can provide you with a new student code. In addition, you may also e-mail me at Amber.Jones@marion.k12.fl.us. I will check e-mail and CLASS DOJO multiple times a day.
OFFICE HOURS/EXTRA SUPPORT:
My office hours will be from 8:00-9:00 a.m. and 1:00-2:00 p.m. daily. You can reach me with questions or concerns through GOOGLE CLASSROOM, DOJO or e-mail. I will be checking Class DOJO, Google Classroom and E-mail throughout the day and will get back with you promptly, unless I am in another meeting. When you request a conference, please let me know what your child is struggling with as well as preferred method of contact. This will ensure I can help your student in the best way possible.
Please take a peak around this website as you can find assignment due dates, annoucements and other important information. Please take a look at the information below regarding upcoming assignments and where to locate them. Your student MUST log on MarionSchools.net in order to access these resources. Locate the MCPS Desktop icon and enter their log in information.
- I-Ready Math: Strive for 45! The expectation is that our students are reaching 45 Minutes of both Math and Reading online instruction per week, along with other activites assigned.
- THINK CENTRAL (Go Math!): This is located on the MCPS desktop once you are logged in. Assignments will be posted weekly and the due date will be available on the home page.
- STEMSCOPES (Science): Located on the MCPS desktop once you are logged in. You may need to click the magnifying glass app to search for the tile. Weekly Science assignments will be posted directly in this resource for your student to complete.
- READWORKS(Science): This can be accessed through the GOOGLE CLASSROOM tile on the MCPS Desktop. There is a link within GOOGLE CLASSROOM you can click if a Readworks passage is assigned. Please read the assigned passage and complete the comprehension questions at the end. Be sure you use the passage in order to complete the question set.
- GOOGLE CLASSROOM (CENTRAL HUB): This is where most of the assignments will be located for MATH and SCIENCE. I will also post announcements on Google Classroom about upcoming and current classwork. This is also where I can provide instant feedback on the assignments. If you child is prompted to enter a code in order to access their GOOGLE CLASSROOM account please see below:
A. Jones HR: hi4i3gd
E. Jones HR: dbkfslm
**PLEASE BE SURE TO CLICK THE "TURN IN" TAB AT THE END OF EVERY ASSIGNMENT SO IT WILL BE SUBMITTED FOR GRADING***
- QUIZZIZ (Math and Science): This is a fun website that you can access via Google Classroom. QUIZZIZ is a self paced quiz/practice to help reinforce the latest standard and topics. Be sure to practice the flashcards at the end of each try.
- ZOOM MEETINGS (Daily Check-Ins): Zoom meetings will be held daily for both groups in order to check in daily. This is a good way to be sure that everyone is understanding the assignments that are posted and discuss any issues. While they are scheduled for 30 minutes, they may take less time dependendent on the day. A ZOOM link will be posted on the Google Classroom Site/DOJO daily. This will give students access to the meeting each day. The schedule for my meetings will be as follows:
A. Jones HR (9:30-10:00)
E. Jones HR (10:00-10:30)
Mrs. Jones and I would like to meet with both groups daily, so please try to be sure students are available during this time. If your child misses the meeting please send me a message so that I am aware they are working on assignments daily. This is the way that I will take attendance daily as well so your communication is very important.
- Be on the lookout for additional assignments/apps posted weekly. I will include this information on ClassDojo as well as Google Classroom.
As always, please contact me with any questions at all! I will be happy to walk you through any problems you may experience!
We are in this together!