7th Grade Math Syllabus
Mrs. Meredith Hallford
Liberty Middle School
Phone: 352-291-7930 Extension 50682
School Hours: M- F 7:48am -1:45pm
Tutoring Hours: Mon and Wed 1:45pm- 3:00pm ( by appointment)
Teacher website: https://www.marionschools.net/site/Default.aspx?PageID=61139
Conferences are available by appointment. The best way for parents to reach me is by email.
Ratios and Proportional Relationships (RP)
The Number System (NS)
Expressions and Equations (EE)
Statistics and Probability (SP)
- 1- 1 1/2" clear cover binder (interactive notebook)
- 1- composite notebook (morning bellringers)
- TI-30Xa Calculator
- College Ruled Paper
- Colored Pencils
- Glue Sticks
Teacher WISH list: (Extra Credit)
- Expo Markers
- Cleaning Wipes
- Hand Sanitizer
- Construction Paper
Classroom Rules: District policies are followed as outlined in the school-wide Student Code of Conduct. Classroom Rules are posted on the bulletin board. All classroom rules are structured based on a foundation of Respect.
The progression of consequences if rules are not followed:
- Verbal re-direct.
- Change in seating assignment.
- Lunch Detention
- Complete goal sheet (to be returned w/ parent signature.)
- Parent/Teacher Conference
** In some cases depending on the offense some or all of these steps may be skipped.
100% - 90% - A
89% - 80% - B
79% - 70% - C
69% - 60% - D
Evaluation and Assessment:
- Tests- 45%
- Quizzes/Classwork- 50%
- Homework- 5%
The lowest quiz score and the lowest homework score will be dropped from the grade book at the end of each semester.
Homework must be complete and “on-time” (ready at the beginning of class).
All assignments need to be done in pencil.
ALL supporting work must be shown for each problem. (Defend your answers!)
Work must be properly labeled with your name, and class period.
Redo and Retake:
Students will be given the opportunity to redo/retake any test/quiz/exam in which they scored below mastery on (excluding the Final and any District Assessments). In order to reschedule a redo/retake time students must complete the following tasks:
- Ensure all assignments for the unit of study are turned in.
- Meet with the teacher to establish criteria to complete the redo/retake form.
- Schedule an appointment time at lunch or afterschool to retake/redo test.
- Submit a retake form signed by both parent and student.
A student’s opportunity to redo/retake an assessment is always subject to teacher discretion.
Interactive Notebook (INB) Guidelines:
- Students must have their Interactive Notebook every day to organize and record their work.
- Table of Contents and Notes must be kept current, dated, labeled, and page numbered
- Students will grade their work and complete corrections in pen
- INBs will be randomly collected and reviewed without notice
- Students’ INB will be assessed using the Rubric provided