Student Enrollment & Withdrawal Process

Registration/Withdrawal Process for Marion County Public Schools


    When should I register my child for school?

    • You may go to the school your child will attend at any time to register him or her for school. If you are new to the area, you are encouraged to register your child as soon as possible. Previous school records or report cards help schools place students, or
    • You may complete the Initial Registration Application and Emergency & Medical Information forms online. Print and take to the school along with documentation provide on the School Enrollment/Registration Checklist provided below.

    What do I need to bring to register my child?

    This School Enrollment/Registration Checklist provides a list of documents required at time of registration to be submitted with the Initial Registration Application and Emergency & Medical Information form:

    1. Verification of Age (one of the following):
      1. Certified Birth Certificate (required for Pre-K & Kindergarten) - no photocopies (school will make photocopy)
      2. Insurance policy
      3. Passport
      4. School record
      5. Certificate of baptism, accompanied by parent’s affidavit
      6. Authentic Bible record, accompanied by parent’s affidavit
    2. Proof of Residence (one of the following sets of documents):
      1. Copy of mortgage or lease/rental contract AND a copy of a recent (two months or less) electric bill in parent’s/guardian’s name
      2. Copy of a recent (two months or less) electric bill in parent’s/guardian’s name AND affidavit from landlord verifying residency
      3. Affidavit from head of household AND mortgage or lease/rental contract in the name of head of household AND a copy of a recent (two months or less) electric bill in name of head of household -- click to download affidavit
    3. Proof of Immunizations:
      1. MUST be on Florida Immunization Form 680
      2. All out-of-state immunizations MUST be transferred to Form 680 
    1. Proof of Physical Examination:
      1. MUST be within 12 months of the 1st day of school enrollment in a Florida public school
      2. MUST be signed AND dated by a physician
    2. Photocopy of Student’s Social Security Card
    3. Academic History (provide any or all of the following):
      1. Last (most recent) report card
      2. Transcript
      3. Withdrawal Form
      4. Special education information
    4. Legal Documentation: If you are not the legal guardian or residential custodial parent of a student OR there is a court decision regarding the release of information related to custody/restraining orders, etc., state law REQUIRES that one of the following documents be provided for enrollment:
      1. Court Custody Documentation stating specifications
      2. Department of Children and Families Placement Letter
      3. Educational Guardianship - notarized documents verifying parent/legal guardian of student is incarcerated
    5. Completed Emergency & Medical Information Form (eCHN06) -- click to download

    How do I withdraw my child from school?

    The parent needs to go to the currently enrolled school with the following items:

    1. The parent's ID
    2. The student’s ID (Middle and High School students)
    3. Books issued by the school (and if applicable: instruments, checked out library books, and uniforms)

    If transferring to another Marion County School, please bring the following items to register:

    1. The parent's ID
    2. Withdrawal packet from previous school
    3. Proof of residence