Degrees and Certifications:
Our online platform for this year is Microsoft Teams. All class material will be assigned and submitted through Teams.
Goals For Students
- Be curious
- Be creative
- Share and critique ideas respectfully
- Grow in your love for science
A.Communicate with partners only when instructed
B.Quietly raise hand to ask or answer a question
C.Keep your hands, feet, and objects to yourself
D.Stay in your seat and on task
E.Start Bellwork immediately
F.No Personal Attacks
- Homework (10%)
- Assignments/Quizzes (40%)
- Tests/Projects (50%)
- Worksheets: Students will be assigned worksheets both in Class Notebook and in word documents to display their mastery of the content. Worksheet may fall into either the Assignments or Homework grade category depending on the material.
- Flashcards: Students will be expected to make flashcard of the vocabulary words for each section. These are to be completed by HAND on index cards or cut pieces of paper.
- Bellwork will be completed at the beginning of every class. When recording bellwork students will be responsible for writing out complete answers.
- These are meant to serve as introductions to lessons, challenging situations, opportunities to express your opinions, and personal notes.
- At random there will be bellwork quizzes.
- Notes: Students will be given notes for each section of study. The questions and blanks will be graded. Students are encourage to write additional thoughts, questions, and drawings in their notes. These extra notes will NOT be graded.
- Collaborative work: Students will be graded on their participation in collaborative work. Students are expected to share ideas respectfully.
- Tests will be administered periodically during each section. Students both online and in class will be given a set amount of time to complete the test DURING THE CLASS PERIOD. Students will not be able to take tests on their own time.
- Communication with students will be conducted primarily through Microsoft Teams. Students should feel free to contact me through the “Chat” feature on the left hand side of the teams window. Parents should communicate with me via email: email@example.com
Behavior in Class
- While communication and collaboration is an essential part of being a scientist all good scientists know that there is a time and a place to collaborate. You will be given opportunities to share your ideas and opinions both with your friends and the class, please be patient.
- If you choose to express your ideas and opinions in unacceptable ways, then you will be subject to disciplinary consequences.
- Raise a hand and wait to be called on.
- Appropriate times to use the bathroom: Before class, After class, During independent work
- Inappropriate times to use the bathroom: During lecture, During bellwork, During an activity, During a lab