Degrees and Certifications:
All assignments for all classes will be on Google Classroom
Goals For Students
- Be curious
- Be creative
- Share and critique ideas respectfully
- Grow in your love for science
A.Communicate with partners only when instructed
B.Quietly raise hand to ask or answer a question
C.Keep your hands, feet, and objects to yourself
D.Cellphones belong in bookbags on silent
E.Stay in your seat and on task
F.Start Bellwork immediately
G.No Personal Attacks
- Homework (10%)
- Assignments/Quizzes (40%)
- Tests/Projects (50%)
- Homework will be assigned each week and will be displayed on the board. Students are encouraged to be proactive in completing their homework..
- When turning in papers make sure your name, date, and period are in the top right corner.
- Bellwork will be on the board at the beginning of every class. When recording your bellwork you must write the date, the question, and your answer.
- These are meant to serve as introductions to lessons, challenging situations, opportunities to express your opinions, and personal notes.
- At random there will be bellwork quizzes.
The Question Box
- Science includes a vast spectrum of topics not all of which we have time to cover in class. If you have a burning question that we don’t have time for in class, write it down on a slip of paper and place it in the question box.
Behavior in Class
- While communication and collaboration is an essential part of being a scientist all good scientists know that there is a time and a place to collaborate. You will be given opportunities to share your ideas and opinions both with your friends and the class, please be patient.
- If you choose to express your ideas and opinions in unacceptable ways, then you will be subject to disciplinary consequences.
- Raise a hand and wait to be called on.
- Appropriate times to use the bathroom: Before class, After class, During independent work
- Inappropriate times to use the bathroom: During lecture, During bellwork, During an activity, During a lab