What Does A Support Facilitation Teacher Do????
- Serve as a member of Individual Educational Plan (IEP) meetings.
- Provide support for students with disabilities to enhance their achievement in the general class setting through cooperative consultation and co-teaching.
- Transition between two or more general education classrooms, while collaborating with general education teachers and assisting students with disabilities.
- Provide the level and frequency of support needed, based upon the general educators’ and the students’ need for assistance.
- Arrange for alternative classroom and testing accommodations for students with disabilities.
- Develop and adapt curriculum and testing materials to meet the needs of teachers and students.
- Model small group instruction to students with disabilities in general classes, as well as in pullout settings.
- Provide consultation services to general education teachers on best practices related to instruction of students with disabilities as well as specific, differentiated instructional strategies for use with individual students in accordance to their IEP.
- Participate in the training programs offered to enhance the individual skills and proficiency related to the job responsibilities.
- Review current developments, literature and technical sources of information related to job responsibilities.
Marion County Public Schools may record online classroom sessions utilizing third-party platforms (Zoom, Google Classroom, etc.) These recordings will only be used for educational purposes and may be shared on other learning platforms. If you do not want your child's image or identifying information recorded, utilize your device/platform controls to stop the camera feed from your device.
Ms. Day 352-639-5025
9:30-10:30 call or email
12:30-1:30 call or email