What We Do
Belleview Middle School’s Cambridge program is focused on providing a student-centered learning environment. Our goal is to prepare our students for the demands of secondary education giving them a jump start on college and career readiness. We do this by supporting our students’ development and application of learning by demonstrating real-world applications of that knowledge.
Instruction Focuses On
- Close Reading and Writing to Learn
- Writing to demonstrate a deep understanding
- Project-based learning activities (science fair, robotics, and etc.)
- Building interdisciplinary understanding
Belleview Middle serves South Marion County—including the communities of Belleview, Ocala, and Summerfield. We are located on County Road 467 near Belleview, FL. The beautiful 40-acre campus consists of nine brick and mortar buildings. We serve students in grades six through eight. Our current enrollment is approximately 1,300 students.
Belleview Middle School Cambridge Teachers set high expectations for our students. A Cambridge teacher is trained in the Cambridge model of a spiral curriculum. Teachers attend on-going instructional training to ensure that our students are offered the most up-to-date instructional strategies to help prepare our students for the college, careers and the future.
"Students who follow the Cambridge curriculum are equipped to find success around the world. Our qualifications are accepted at universities, colleges, professional associations, governments, ministries and companies, across 195 countries."
Source: Cambridge International Examinations 2016
BE SOMEONE YOU’D LOOK UP TO
- Scientific investigations are unlocking the secrets of the universe. What will you do in your lifetime?
- Our education programs help students develop a passion for learning that will stay with them the rest of their lives.
- Penicillin was discovered by accident. Don’t be afraid to experiment.
- We help students learn to innovate and experiment with new ways to solve problems. We prepare students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning.
QUESTION THE ANSWER
- Solar energy is clean, but can it be cheap and reliable?
- Our students learn to become reflective and assess every piece of information for themselves. We prepare students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning.
TAKE THE BLAME, TAKE THE CREDIT
- World leaders make economic decisions that affect millions of people. How would you decide what is the best for everyone?
- We promote responsibility, encouraging students to be responsive to and respectful of the needs of others.
WHY ASK WHY?
- It is said that Sir Isaac Newton discovered gravity simply because he asked himself ‘Why do apples fall from trees?’
- Our education programs help students develop informed curiosity, equipping them with the inquisitiveness to live a life of discovery.
GO WHEREVER YOU WANT
- The first steps towards walking on the moon? Believing it was possible.
- Our students develop the confidence to have new ideas and turn their dreams into reality.
GET INTO AN ARGUMENT
- Can global warming only be stopped by a global change in attitude? Make your voice heard.
- We encourage students to be engaged, equipped with the skills to articulate their opinions and make a difference.
- Agri-Science (Intro., Orientation & Exploration)
- Computer Applications
- Culinary Arts
- Fundamentals of Telecommunications (TV Production)
- Health Occupations (Intro., Orientation, Exploration)
- Music Program: Band (Beginning & Advanced), Chorus, Guitar I & II, Jazz Instrumental
- Robotics I & II
- Clubs: Good News Club, FCA, FFA, NJHS, HOSA, FANS, Robotics & Yearbook
- Field Trips & Fun: Government in Action-Tallahassee ♦ Washington, D.C. ♦ Grade Level End of Year Trips ♦ Winter Ball
- 21st Century Community Learning Community—a before and after school program for students that offers additional opportunities for homework help, STEM project-based learning activities and physical fitness.
- Principal: Dr. Dion Gary
- Assistant Principal of Curriculum: Jennifer Fisher
- Assistant Principal of Discipline: Rebekah Cook
- Cambridge Coordinator: Kimberly Fennewald
- Guidance Counselor-Boys: Page Falconer
- Guidance Counselor-Girls: Paige Falcone