Dunnellon High School
Degrees and Certifications:
Dunnellon High School's H.O.S.A. Club
WHY JOIN H.O.S.A.?
WATCH QUICK VIDEO HERE WHY SHOULD I JOIN H.O.S.A.? VIDEO_CLICK HERE
January 2020-Regional Conference Information:
Students are to double check their guidelines for their events to ensure their preparation for conference is complete and thorough.
Permission slip Download here:
Parent/Guardian Letter home:
Heath Occupations Students of America (H.O.S.A.) is a national vocational student organization endorsed by the U.S. Department of Education and the Health Occupations Education Division of the American Vocational Association. H.O.S.A's two-fold mission is to promote career opportunities in the health care industry and to enhance the delivery of quality of care to all people. H.O.S.A.'s goal is to encourage all health occupations instructors and students to join and be actively involved in the HOE-H.O.S.A. Partnership. www.hosa.org
The mission of HOSA is to enhance the delivery of compassionate, quality health care by providing opportunities for knowledge, skill and leadership development of all health science education students, therefore, helping the student meet the needs of the health care community.
The purpose of the HOSA organization is to develop leadership and technical HOSA skill competencies through a program of motivation, awareness and recognition, which is an integral part of the Health Science Education instructional program.
20 Reasons To Join HOSA – Future Health Professionals
H.O.S.A. assists members to:
- Develop effective leadership qualities and skills by developing character and promoting responsible citizenship
- Build self-confidence, motivation and enthusiasm
- Strengthen their academic and technical skills
- Create friendships and social networks
- Participate in community service activities
- Set realistic career and educational goals
- Expand communication and teamwork skills
- Develop workplace readiness skills
- Understand current healthcare issues
H.O.S.A. members have opportunities to:
- Share their enthusiasm about the health field with their communities
- Learn, grow and become better individuals
- Serve as local, state, and international officers
- Build their resume and professional portfolio
- Collaborate with health professionals and future employers
- Apply for over $50,000 in scholarships awarded by the Penn HOSA Foundation and for additional scholarships offered through HOSA-Future Health Professionals
- Receive recognition for volunteering, promoting HOSA-Future Health Professionals during HOSA Week, developing a Chapter Newsletter, donating time and/or money to the National Service Project
- Travel to state and international conferences
- Participate and/or compete in state and international leadership conferences
- Celebrate competitive events program accomplishments
- Seek internships in the Office of the Surgeon General and others
Explore Health Careers--What's Right For You?
- Health Career Videos
- Find Out Salaries on Careers of Your Choice
- Cool Resources on Exploring Health Careers
- Check out the HOSA Career Center
- Learn about Every Career on the Planet in the Occupational Handbook
- Top 50 Health Care Jobs
- Health Science Majors, Degrees and Careers
- Best Online BSN Programs
- Nursing Degree Guide (Nursing Assistant Programs)
- Top Healthcare Administration Programs
- Social Work Guide
HOSA is proud to partner with STEM Premier to provide our members with the opportunity to connect with colleges, universities and employers. STEM Premier assists all levels of STEM talent in identifying career pathways, educators in recruiting top talent to their schools, and employers in developing a stable, continuous talent pipeline.
Through STEM Premier HOSA members will have the opportunity to apply for scholarships and internship opportunities, submit their original work for competitive events, and earn badges for recognition and accomplishments.
HOW IT WORKS
Students create a profile showcasing everything about themselves: skills, talents, experiences and more. To sign up students will need to provide an email address, contact information, and school information. Additional information that can be added to the student's profile includes: test scores, college admissions information, videos, leadership/community service activities, and videos.
Schools and companies search for, identify, and track the next generation of college and career-ready talent.
Conversations are exchanged between talent seekers and upcoming students--establishing direct connections earlier.
Relationships are built, students discover new opportunities, and colleges and companies deepen their future talent pipeline.
RESOURCES>> Competitive Events
- Used for project content in Job Seeking Skills, Researched Persuasive Writing and Speaking, Public Service Announcement, Clinical Specialty, Health Career Photography, Medical Innovation - Original, Medical Innovation - Existing, and MRC Partnership.
- Used for Student Eligibility Forms in Personal Care, Life Support Skills, Interviewing Skills, and Speaking Skills
- STEM Premier and Competitive Event Instructions
- Please note there is a file size limit for submissions on STEM Premier. To avoid an upload error, please be sure to save your PDF as a compressed file or reduce the size of your embeded images. For instructions on how to do this, please visit: http://www.hosa.org/filesize
Scholarships and Opportunities
- Used for National HOSA Scholarship application and the Public Health Leadership Scholars
- Scholarship Application Process (Now available)
Information and FAQs