Extended Day Programs
Marion Afterschool Programs will register students for the 2020-2021 School Year at Marion Technical College located on Hwy 200 on July 14th, 15th, 21st and 22nd 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM
- This is for Kindergarten through Eighth Grade students that need afterschool care.
- The registration fee is $30. Check or Money Order Only. NO Cash or Debit Cards.
- If you decide to defer your student's enrollment in MAP, please contact your Site Manager. MAP will keep your current registration fee on file until January. We will work closely with you to assist your student's return to our program.
- Due to social distancing guidelines we are requesting that only one parent/guardian come to register. No children are allowed on campus.
- Please wear a mask if possible and if not we will have them available for you.
Please note the following schools are on a wait list. Please call 352-671-4135 to get on the wait list:
For questions, please call 671-4135.
Click the link for great activities to do with your kids while on summer break:
The Marion Afterschool Programs (formerly Extended Day Program) provides before and/or after school childcare services at thirty-eight school sites throughout Marion County. Approximately 3,000 students per day participate in this program. The morning programs are open as early as 6:30 a.m. until school starts and the afternoon programs open at school dismissal until 6:00 p.m. The program is available every day school is in session, including early release days. This is a flat rate, fee-based program.
Extended Day provides opportunities for children to develop socially, emotionally, and physically, within a warm and caring atmosphere. This is accomplished through our focus on leadership, academics, wellness, and S.T.E.A.M. (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math).
Programming enrichment opportunities include: the Discovery Science Center, 4H, The Humane Society, Feed the Need Gardening Program, and various programming activities such as wellness, sewing, science, arts, cooking projects, outdoor sports, Spanish, and more.
Marion Afterschool Programs Contact Information
|Pamela Eubanks||Coordinator II|
|Karen Lourenco||Program Specialist|
|Joy Newkirk||Program Specialist|