This unit will be covering the International relations and foreign policy- how the U.S. has dealt with international conflicts and participation in international organizations.
We will be covering three Florida State Standards this unit. They have been broken down into smaller categories and clarifications that we will be studying:
- SS.7.C.4.1: Differentiate concepts related to United States domestic and foreign policy.
- Students will recognize the difference between domestic and foreign policy.
- Students will identify issues that relate to U.S. domestic and foreign policy.
- Students will analyze the domestic implications of U.S. domestic and foreign policy.
- Students will identify the goals and objectives of U.S. domestic and foreign policy.
- Students will recognize the role of the U.S. State Department in foreign affairs.
- SS.7.C.4.2: Recognize government and citizen participation in international organizations.
- Students will identify major international organizations in which government plays a role.
- Students will recognize that international organizations may be located in the United States.
- Students will describe ways that individual citizens and government can seek participation in international organizations.
- Students will examine the ways that government and individuals may support international organizations.
- SS.7.C.4.3: Describe examples of how the United States has dealt with international conflicts.
- Students will identify specific examples of international conflicts in which the United States has been involved.
- Students will identify the reasons for the United States becoming involved in past international conflicts.
- Students will analyze primary source documents pertaining to international incidents to determine the course of action taken by the United States.
- Students will identify the different methods used by the United States to deal with international conflicts.
Unit Essential Question: What is the role and impact of the United States on contemporary issues of world affairs?
Lesson Essential Questions:
- What is domestic policy?
- What is foreign policy?
- What are the differences between domestic and foreign policy?
- What are international organizations?
- How can government and individual citizens support and play a role in them?
- What international conflicts has the U.S. been involved in?
- Why did the U.S. become involved?
- What kinds of actions did the U.S. take in these conflicts?