This unit will be covering Forms of Government- look different forms of government around the world and compare them to our government.
We will be covering two Florida State Standards this unit. They have been broken down into smaller categories and clarifications that we will be studying:
- SS.7.C.3.1: Compare different forms of government (direct democracy, representative democracy, socialism, communism, monarchy, oligarchy, autocracy).
- Students will identify different forms of government based on its political philosophy or organizational structure.
- Students will analyze scenarios describing various forms of governmen
- Students will apply their understanding of the definitions of the various forms of government.
- SS.7.C.3.2: Compare parliamentary, federal, confederal, and unitary systems of government.
- Students will define parliamentary, federal, confederal, and unitary systems of government.
- Students will compare the organizational structures of systems of government.
- Students will recognize examples of these systems of government.
- Students will analyze scenarios describing various systems of government.
Unit Essential Question: What are the different forms and systems of government?
Lesson Essential Questions:
- What are forms of government?
- How do they compare to each other?
- How is power distributed in different systems of government?