Marion Afterschool Programs provides before and/or after school childcare services at 39 school sites throughout Marion County. Nearly 3,000 students participate in this program every day.
Hours of Operation: based on the Marion County Public Schools Calendar;
Morning Hours: 6:30am - School Bell
Afternoon Hours: School Bell until 6:00pm
Marion Afterschool Programs accepts eligible students who are in Kindergarten thru 8th grade. MAP does not accept Pre-K or VPK students.
Please Note: The number of children enrolled at each site is determined by how much physical space is available and the number of staff employed.
Marion Afterschool Programs are available every day school is in session, including Early Release days.
This is a flat rate, fee-based program.
Marion Afterschool Programs provides a variety of programming including but not limited to:
- Programming aimed at giving students a chance to socialize while learning
- Wellness programs that stress proper nutrition, exercise and the mind/body connection.
- Enrichment that aligns with Florida Standards
- Center-based activities.
- Focus on literacy
- Allows time for completing homework in our Homework Zones
Our Mission: To enrich the physical, intellectual, emotional, and social well-being of our students by creating dynamic learning experiences before and after school.
MARION AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAMS IS HIRING!
Are you an energetic, knowledgeable recreation specialist who enjoys school-age children and their families?
If you are available to work Monday - Friday between 1PM - 6PM
when school is in session, have a high school diploma or a GED, and are 18 years or older,
WE WANT YOU!
- Click "Non Instructional Support - District"
- Click Assignment "Extended Day"
- Click "Search for Posted Positions"
- To Apply, check the "Apply" box
- Choose "Apply for Selected Positions"