Carline Drop off & Pick-up
Please take a moment to review the carline information with your child to ensure the safety of all of our students and to keep the lines moving as quickly and safely as possible.
You will enter single file from the first entrance off of NW 14th St. onto the campus. You will drive past the east side of the cafeteria and then loop around the oval patch of grass. From there you will take a right and head up to the east side of campus. You will see the overhangs and sidewalks there. This is where your student will be dropped off as well as picked up in carline.
Morning Gate Time: 9:05 - 9:35
1. Students: Please gather your belongings before the car stops in order to exit the vehicle in a timely and safe manner.
2. Students are to remain in the car line area (sidewalk/overhangs) until the 9:15 am bell, unless a special announcement is made.
Afternoon Gate Time 3:00 – 3:55
1. Parents and passengers are to remain in their vehicles while waiting for dismissal.
2. State law prohibits anyone from smoking anywhere on school campuses; please refrain from smoking in your vehicle while on school grounds.
3. For the safety of our students and staff, please refrain from using your cell phone while in the carline.
4. Please remind your student to look for the vehicle that is picking them up and be ready to enter the vehicle when it comes to a complete stop. We will call names, but they should be watching as well as listening.
5. Parents, please pull all the way forward, even if you see your child. We will get your child to you and this helps greatly with the flow of the car line.
6.Pleasebe courteous to our neighboring homes and businesses. Carline begins at 3:35pm and typically ends by 4:00pm. Once students enter the carline area, students are not permitted to leave until picked up by their ride.
7.Students who are not picked up within 5 minutes after the end of carline will be sent to Extended Day, and parents are responsible for paying the required fee.
8.Finally, all parents should consider carpooling to reduce the length of the carline.
Alternate Parent Pick-up Areas
In order to make the afternoon student pick-ups more convenient we will once again have alternate parent pick-up areas.
1. The Marquee area in the front parking lot.
2. The grass area behind the gym.
3. The grass area at the North end of the school by NW 14th street.
Parents who carpool will be given priority for these car spaces. If you are interested in one of those pick-up spots, we ask that you ONLY email Matthew.Daubenmire@marion.k12.fl.us. We will only process the requests that are emailed. Thank you.
Spaces are currently full for these specific parking areas. Parents are not to park in these areas without the authorized, color-coded window display.
Morning Clubs, News Crew, & Tutoring Reminders
Parents, please remind your students that if they come on campus for tutoring or meeting another teacher prior to school beginning they need to arrive at the appropriate time. Students that arrive too early will have to be sent to Extended Dayand parents will have to pay.
Repeat offenders could be given Lunch Detention for refusing to follow school rules.
Students should not come to campus until approximately five minutes before they are to meet their teacher.
The front office is not for students to enter for regular school attendance and the campus officially opens
for all students at 9:05am.
Car riders should exit their vehicles within the carline and walkers should enter through the east side gate
(near carline). For the safety of all involved, student and parent cooperation is sincerely appreciated.
Extended Day is a service provided by MCPS's and is available at HMS for before and after school.